2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

18 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Schwarber hit #39 to lead off tonight's game with the Brewer cotes.  2-0 Phillies bottom of second.

Friggin' Brewers up 3-2 now.  They're hitting .235 as a team which is tied for last in the NL, but they're third in pitching era.  I guess they're very timely hitters.  I don't know.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

27 games left. Keeps the pace he can hit 50 HRs plus...I'll take one of those in my lineup every single year please.

Doesn't Schwarber show how misleading WAR can be?

Wins Above Replacement (WAR)

Definition

WAR measures a player's value in all facets of the game by deciphering how many more wins he's worth than a replacement-level player at his same position (e.g., a Minor League replacement or a readily available fill-in free agent).

I know there's more to baseball than just homers, but you win by scoring runs and Schwarber is going to knock in over 100, score over 100, already walked over 100 and has a .335 OBP, and an .800 OPS...

Yeah, find me a readily available replacement free agent or minor leaguer that can account for that many runs... I'll wait... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

27 games left. Keeps the pace he can hit 50 HRs plus...I'll take one of those in my lineup every single year please.

Not to take anything away from what Schwarber has done, but Judge is on pace to hit 40. Even after missing almost 2 months to injury. Imagine what he could have done if he stayed healthy?? 🤨

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Doesn't Schwarber show how misleading WAR can be?

Wins Above Replacement (WAR)

Definition

WAR measures a player's value in all facets of the game by deciphering how many more wins he's worth than a replacement-level player at his same position (e.g., a Minor League replacement or a readily available fill-in free agent).

I know there's more to baseball than just homers, but you win by scoring runs and Schwarber is going to knock in over 100, score over 100, already walked over 100 and has a .335 OBP, and an .800 OPS...

Yeah, find me a readily available replacement free agent or minor leaguer that can account for that many runs... I'll wait... 

I think Kyle is the exception to the WAR rule.

13 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

The futuer is looking bright as the Bronx Bombers beat the Asstroles 5-4 thanks to the Baby Bombers all contributing in the win. And Judge hit his 31st homer as well!!

Nice to get a series win against Houston....

And yet the Stankees and their $278m payroll are still looking at last place in the division. That’s even after the defending Champions swept the BoSox.