2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Is it your intention to depress me?

😁

Part of it is to help me know what's what and who's who before the MLB season starts.  I used to be able to name the starting lineup for every team, both leagues.  And, that was before cable offered the opportunity to see such a plethora of games.   There were teams last year where I couldn't name any more than 3 players on the roster.   Hell, until I started doing this thing in the thread, I didn't even know the Reds had picked up Nick Solak.  

My goal is to do the comparison against every team before the season starts.  It will be somewhat of a moving targe as teh depth chart changes during spring training.  But, as it stands, I can't see the Reds 'winning' any OPS+ comparison matchup unless a team is starting 3+ rookies, who will not have an OPS+ from last year.  Even then, I probably should arbitrarily give the rookies something like a '75' score.  My Aunt Myrtle could have beat Barrero's '10' from las season.    

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Why?? I'm sure it's just negotiation but MLB man. Between local blackouts, finding a platform that will stream Cubs channel...and all these other rules? They continue to find ways to bring less viewers.

Baseball is just broke in every facet.  I don't know if it can be repaired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Why?? I'm sure it's just negotiation but MLB man. Between local blackouts, finding a platform that will stream Cubs channel...and all these other rules? They continue to find ways to bring less viewers.

Removing blackouts would be a good step in the right direction.  I usually buy the MLB package (can’t think of the name of it off hand). I live in north Delaware (Astros fan) and they blackout most Philly, Baltimore, and DC games. It’s crazy. Hell, last year they blacked out the entire Baltimore series when they were playing AT Houston.  I mean, c’mon. I’m not even in that market. How is that even relevant?!

The MLB keeps tweaking their rules hoping to draw in fans but it’s really disenfranchising a large swath and not pulling in new viewership. I don’t know the fix but what they are doing isn’t working. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Removing blackouts would be a good step in the right direction.  I usually buy the MLB package (can’t think of the name of it off hand). I live in north Delaware (Astros fan) and they blackout most Philly, Baltimore, and DC games. It’s crazy. Hell, last year they blacked out the entire Baltimore series when they were playing AT Houston.  I mean, c’mon. I’m not even in that market. How is that even relevant?!

The MLB keeps tweaking their rules hoping to draw in fans but it’s really disenfranchising a large swath and not pulling in new viewership. I don’t know the fix but what they are doing isn’t working. 

Here's a Ferris Bueller saying getting ready to happen. So my good friends brother's roommate in college was the lead design guy for the MLB App. Funny part he doesn't even like baseball....but he would give us the code each year to get all the games for free on our phone. I don't even bother with it anymore. Baseball and my Cubs have broken my spirit in recent years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's a Ferris Bueller saying getting ready to happen. So my good friends brother's roommate in college was the lead design guy for the MLB App. Funny part he doesn't even like baseball....but he would give us the code each year to get all the games for free on our phone. I don't even bother with it anymore. Baseball and my Cubs have broken my spirit in recent years.

That’s pretty awesome. I’ll take the code if you ever feel like giving it out. :)  My son and I will watch Astros games when we have the time anyway. 

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

That’s pretty awesome. I’ll take the code if you ever feel like giving it out. :)  My son and I will watch Astros games when we have the time anyway. 

We almost got in trouble because it's a code that's only known to a few so I guess it popped up on some systems check when people in NYC, Chicago, Indy, Charlotte, LA and South Florida were all watching at same time. Kind of hard to be in 6 places at once.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We almost got in trouble because it's a code that's only known to a few so I guess it popped up on some systems check when people in NYC, Chicago, Indy, Charlotte, LA and South Florida were all watching at same time. Kind of hard to be in 6 places at once.

lol totally understand. I wasn’t really serious. We usual buy it in May when they cut the price in half. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Now @5foulsdo the Reds SPs vs. the NL Central teams.

I'm going to go through all MLB lineups first.  I'm hoping there is at least 1 matchup the Reds win (Nationals maybe, Royals?).  Also curious as to whether the Reds will go 0-9 against any teams.  The Phillies, with Realmuto at catcher and Schwarber in left, which take away the Reds 2 strongest positions, will be a distinct possibility for that.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

As the O'Jays said, "Money is the root of all evil."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I live about 40 miles W/NW of Fort Wayne.  I am blacked out for the Reds, Cubs, White Sox, Tigers, and the Indians.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm going to go through all MLB lineups first.  I'm hoping there is at least 1 matchup the Reds win (Nationals maybe, Royals?).  Also curious as to whether the Reds will go 0-9 against any teams.  The Phillies, with Realmuto at catcher and Schwarber in left, which take away the Reds 2 strongest positions, will be a distinct possibility for that.   

Oakland?