2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

I don't see injury issue with WBC. MLB teams are closely tied in to what is going on with their players.  There are a lot of restrictions on the pitchers so WBC is just another form of spring training.    It's not like they are throwing 120 pitches to win a game.  Diaz got hurt jumping up and down in celebration.  Fluke injury it seems.    Unfortunate for Altuve but Rhys Hopkins was injured in Spring training and will miss the season.   Maybe he should played in the WBC instead.  Appreciate Joey Votto and his dedication to the Reds and love of the city.  Seems at this point he might want to go for the ring and Philly has a need.  

8 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

I don't see injury issue with WBC. MLB teams are closely tied in to what is going on with their players.  There are a lot of restrictions on the pitchers so WBC is just another form of spring training.    It's not like they are throwing 120 pitches to win a game.  Diaz got hurt jumping up and down in celebration.  Fluke injury it seems.    Unfortunate for Altuve but Rhys Hopkins was injured in Spring training and will miss the season.   Maybe he should played in the WBC instead.  Appreciate Joey Votto and his dedication to the Reds and love of the city.  Seems at this point he might want to go for the ring and Philly has a need.  

I will be very disappointed if Votto plays anywhere other than Cincy.  Another down year, maybe I'll feel differently.  But, he is a Cincy legend.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Reds have their last two Spring Training games today.  Split squad matchups against the Guardians and the Rockies.  Next stop is Opening Day on Thursday against the Pirates.  

Figured out what the Reds' starting line-up will be for OD?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Fun fact for the Reds fans. The Kid will make $3.59M this year as part of his 2000 contract extension. He'll be the 4th highest paid player on the team.

Saw that. It's not so much the fact he is still on the payroll.  It's that the team is so damn cheap, that $3.59M is the 4th highest salary.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Votto: I'll retire if I'm not playing up to standards
https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2611201

Saw that.  I hope he has a decent to solid year this season and then hangs hem up.  Don't want him to finish out his career somewhere else.  And, the Reds better not do things in such a way where the fans don't get a Joey Votto night.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Saw that.  I hope he has a decent to solid year this season and then hangs hem up.  Don't want him to finish out his career somewhere else.  And, the Reds better not do things in such a way where the fans don't get a Joey Votto night.  

Joey has really been growing on me the last few years. I don't know his history in terms of ever hinting at chasing a title but two things. Reds should do a Joey Votto night in July before trade deadline because I have to believe he's worth something (if showing that during season) at the trade deadline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not looking good for my Yankees getting ready for the start of the season.

4 pitchers on the IL......

Frankie Montas, Tommy Kahnle, now Luis Severino, (the same injury he had last year), and the big off-season signing, Carlos Rodon......

Sheesh

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not looking good for my Yankees getting ready for the start of the season.

4 pitchers on the IL......

Frankie Montas, Tommy Kahnle, now Luis Severino, (the same injury he had last year), and the big off-season signing, Carlos Rodon......

Sheesh

A good thing all of this coddling pitchers and worrying about pitch counts are working LOL!

On 3/10/2023 at 10:14 AM, rico said:

I am waiting to see how they do in April.  Then I might be willing to pay.  Maybe.

Well Dirctv bailed me out and are giving the Extra Innings package for free.  I was going to dump Dirctv after the NBA package expired because my employee perk of free NFL sunday Ticket is no longer on DTV.  This is probab;y a reaction to keep Sunday Ticket people from dumping the service but I'll take it.  Maybe i'll move on from DTV after MLB season.   

• Like 1

Man. It's Opening Day tomorrow. This just snuck up on me. Time to dust off The Natural and Bull Durham later and give them a watch tonight. Always gets me in baseball mode.

Forecast for Wrigley tomorrow isn't bad. 50 and PC....Friday and Saturday though? Tornado and snow. No clue why they don't start this series in Milwaukee indoors. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Man. It's Opening Day tomorrow. This just snuck up on me. Time to dust off The Natural and Bull Durham later and give them a watch tonight. Always gets me in baseball mode.

Forecast for Wrigley tomorrow isn't bad. 50 and PC....Friday and Saturday though? Tornado and snow. No clue why they don't start this series in Milwaukee indoors. 

Cubs looked ok in spring training, but we'll see how the starting pitching goes...

As they go, we'll go... I think the bullpen will be solid...

Who knows? If Bellinger can get straightened out, we might be pretty good... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Cubs looked ok in spring training, but we'll see how the starting pitching goes...

As they go, we'll go... I think the bullpen will be solid...

Who knows? If Bellinger can get straightened out, we might be pretty good... 

Dansby Swanson?