2022 PG Skyy Clark-committed to Illinois

rico

4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Lander most likely gave up Mr Basketball to re-classify.  I still blame Archie a ton for taking that away from him.  It was pretty obvious he wasn’t physically ready, and still isn’t (getting closer though).  I haven’t given up on KL but his time is running out with the guards coming in.  

Sorry to hear that.  He sounds like a bright, talented young man.  He did do a lot of academic work during the pandemic so he could graduate early.  So he must be pretty motivated.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Lander most likely gave up Mr Basketball to re-classify.  I still blame Archie a ton for taking that away from him.  It was pretty obvious he wasn’t physically ready, and still isn’t (getting closer though).  I haven’t given up on KL but his time is running out with the guards coming in.  

Hold up. 0708, Kaufman and Furst were immensely ahead of him for Mr. BB. 

KL would still have been beaten by Bloom S in Seymour if they got out of sectionals. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

His ranking came from dominating Curbello a couple of times in AAU. They saw what they wanted to see but only got part of the picture. Like I said many times CAM did a huge disservice to KL

Kid played on a stacked AAU team. Everything was working for him on that team. 

Leal, Galloway, Tre Coleman, multiple other D1 dudes. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 3:30 PM, IUwins0708 said:

This is the first good reason I've seen how Lander was hurt by reclassifying. He wouldn't be a better college player now than he currently is by staying in HS another year but it certainly did take away the opportunity at awards like this and being a burger boy.  That said, I'm not convinced he would've won Mr. Basketball.

Edited by go_iu_bb

4 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

This is the first good reason I've seen how Lander was hurt by reclassifying. He wouldn't be a better college player now than he currently is by staying in HS another year but it certainly did take away the opportunity at awards like this and being a burger boy.  That said, I'm not convinced he would've won Mr. Basketball.

Yeah I jumped the gun on the Me Basketball part but he would’ve definitely been in the running 

On 3/10/2022 at 4:21 PM, Indykev said:

Are we recruiting this kid? Trying to figure out why he has a thread.

He was an early Archie offer, and had a relationship with AJ Moye. That’s why some thought he might be a possibility.

• Like 1

• KDB changed the title to 2022 PG Skyy Clark
  • 2 weeks later...

Good get for Illinois.  I am not surprised as they recruited him hard.   I posted recently that even if they lost significant players, they’d re-stock.  As the saying goes, the other teams have coaches getting paid and players on scholarship.  The good teams will always get guys.  What happens with those guys is what matters.  Either a coach has to formulate a well designed team and/or you have to have special players who have that winning gene.  That all remains to be seen, for everyone.  

• rico changed the title to 2022 PG Skyy Clark-committed to Illinois
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Looks like Oregon maybe 

perfect rebrand 

DGL:  Illini for now 

My Illini buddy was asking me about DGL. I said he is exactly the opposite of what I think Underwood wants in a coachable player. Told him to run not walk away from that one...

In terms of Skyy Clark. Seems like he'll join an overflowing number of kids/parents who don't want instruction and when things go sideways they pick up their bags and split.

51 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This should be an early warning sign that even Montverde doesn't get them all right...

...and for those who voted this kid as preseason B10 freshman of the year...LOL...3rd at best had he stayed.

I like the two we got. I think CMW and staff have it under control.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

This should be an early warning sign that even Montverde doesn't get them all right...

...and for those who voted this kid as preseason B10 freshman of the year...LOL...3rd at best had he stayed.

Farther down than that...

Jett Howard 

JHS 

Brice Sensabaugh 

Loyer and Smith 

Dug McDaniel

Conner Essegian

Were all having better years than Clark was before he quit... 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Farther down than that...

Jett Howard 

JHS 

Brice Sensabaugh 

Loyer and Smith 

Dug McDaniel

Conner Essegian

Were all having better years than Clark was before he quit... 

Yeah, I was being generous in my assessment.  Sensabaugh probably wins this one, but I don't even see Skyy Clark in the conversation had he stayed.

• Like 2