Offseason 2022

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In the 4 out of 5, who do you think stays? Durr?

Hopefully Trayce and Race return. I don’t see the upside in Durr, or at least anything more than what he currently contributes. I think Duncomb might go, although I’d really like to see what he has. JG will be back, and I’m most confident in his return. 

I'm very excited/interested to see what JG does over the summer.  I think he has a very bright future, and hopefully this **deep** run through the tournament only drives him to work even harder. Same thing with Trey... they can be difference makers next season.

As for Duncomb, he doesn't have to look that far for his potential career trajectory. Race's career is a nice template; he's really seeing the fruits of his labor at the backside of his career -- and seemingly really relishing it.

1 minute ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I'm very excited/interested to see what JG does over the summer.  I think he has a very bright future, and hopefully this **deep** run through the tournament only drives him to work even harder. Same thing with Trey... they can be difference makers next season.

As for Duncomb, he doesn't have to look that far for his potential career trajectory. Race's career is a nice template; he's really seeing the fruits of his labor at the backside of his career -- and seemingly really relishing it.

Really want to see JG improve his handle. Don't want him stuck in the interior. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 12:58 PM, Iuprof said:

When can players go into the transfer pool? Can they enter right after there season is over and when can coaches act on them? Thanks

As was already answered, they can enter whenever they want. However, there is a deadline for immediate eligibility for next season. IIRC, that will be May 1 this year and going forward. So expect a large number of transfers to show up in the portal in the next few weeks since most players don't wait too long after their season is over before entering the portal.

Coaches can contact them as soon as they're in the portal.

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Hopefully Trayce and Race return. I don’t see the upside in Durr, or at least anything more than what he currently contributes. I think Duncomb might go, although I’d really like to see what he has. JG will be back, and I’m most confident in his return. 

I don't think there is any way Trayce stays when his coach is telling broadcasters he's ready for the next level.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Pretty much sums it up

Even more

Once again I would like to thank the NCAA for  screwing Iu 

i am only 29. But I can’t recall ever seeing the coach of the opposing team say something  like this about the team they just crub stomped. 

that has to be pretty telling about how much IU was screwed by the travel bleepshow

Edited by IU247
  • Like 2

We definitely need an infusion of talent and think the three recruits will help with that.  We just need to get more shooting and get wing players who can create their own shots.  We need more length and athletic ability up from and on the wings. If XJ leaves then we need a true point guard as well.

• Like 1

So, what is everyone's thoughts on who will be back next season? I don't want to speculate on who will leave, but rather who does everyone feel confident will be back?

I feel the following are highly likely to return:

Geronimo

Galloway

Leal

More likely than not to return:

Durr

Xavier

Bates

**I have stated this before but I think TJD or Race will come back but not both.

Edited by FritzIam4IU

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

So, what is everyone's thoughts on who will be back next season? I don't want to speculate on who will leave, but rather who does everyone feel confident will be back?

Geronimo

Galloway

Leal

More likely than not to return:

Durr

Xavier

Bates

**I have stated this before but I think TJD or Race will come back but not both.

- Mike Woodson

- Don Fischer

• Haha 1