BTT semifinals vs Iowa pregame thread.

Parakeet Jones

Biggest thing today in my opinion is going to be our guards (XJ, Stewart, Phinisee) and Kopp knocking down some 3's. 

At some point, even maybe from the jump, Iowa is going to play that zone. If we miss open 3's and allow Iowa to get out in transition that is where Murray will kill us and they will knock down open transition 3's. 

That will be a backbreaker. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Root beer is a solid choice. Never seen that brand. Now I need to try it. 

We got it last week on our Buffalo Trace Distillery Tour. The root beer (Freddie's) is named after one their employees whose father and grandfather were master distiller's. Freddie was our tour guide at Buffalo Trace. The gentleman's grandfather got to mark and plug every one millionth barrel at Buffalo Trace. Since his grandfather's passing that honor has been bestowed on him. 

We also toured the Maker's Mark distillery. My wife got to seal her own bottle of Maker's Mark 46. 

IMG_20220304_131247393.jpg

IMG_20220304_131238910_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20220304_131238910_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20220304_131238910_BURST001.jpg

Edited by jefftheref
  • Like 1

In our first meeting, we had a conference season high 23 turnovers...next game (at Nebraska) we had 14...and Iowa isn't a super defensive team (although they have improved this year)...

Since then, we've averaged 9 TOs per game...

We did shoot 50% overall and 31% from 3 while holding them to 44% overall and 33% from 3...

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In our first meeting, we had a conference season high 23 turnovers...next game (at Nebraska) we had 14...and Iowa isn't a super defensive team (although they have improved this year)...

Since then, we've averaged 9 TOs per game...

We did shoot 50% overall and 31% from 3 while holding them to 44% overall and 33% from 3...

That was the game where Iowa used a 3/4 court press and Woodson inexplicably had Race in the backcourt with XJ brining the ball up and it was a disaster. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Did Phinisee play that game?

Yup, both he and Galloway. I just checked the box score and am now remembering, XJ got in foul trouble and we had Phinisee or Galloway at times brining it up against the press with Race. It was Race and one of them depending on the lineup and it made no sense to have Race back there. 

Turnovers in that game:

Race: 5

Phinisee: 4

XJ: 4

Galloway: 3