St Mary’s Post Game Thread

KDB

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Will be curious how ND does tomorrow with having a long travel like we did. The difference is that ND only played one game in their conference tournament

They also don't rely completely on their defense. That's what was impacted the most by our 5 games in a week tour across the country exhaustion. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Yeah. I wanted Kentucky to win for that reason….I know I’m in the minority. Idc about Kentucky that much because I don’t know a UK fan, but that sickens me purdue has a cakewalk now. 

I don't give a f$#@ if Purdue makes the Elite 8 or not.  They aren't going to win the thing and that's all that matters.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Whether he's just being gracious or not, hats off to him for saying that.

What is should do is wake the stupid NCAA up and make them realize their $$$ first priority approach doesn't contribute to fairness among the competitors.

Going forward they need to pay attention to the competitive fairness of every participant, not just the top seeds.  No team should be forced to play late on Tuesday and then travel cross country for a game with only one day in between, especially against a team from nearby and the same time zone.  

It is lazy and incompetent to simply say, the spoils go to the higher seeds.  Every participant deserves a fair shake.  They have certain “rules” about where certain seeds can play.  That may be fine but it doesn’t give you carte blanche to run a lower seed through the ringer.

This is not that complicated although they try to pretend that it is.  I assure that people in my business do far more complicated things more competently than this idiocy.  

Understand, none of this is an excuse.  I’m addressing unsophisticated thought process where more competence is required.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Going forward they need to pay attention to the competitive fairness of every participant, not just the top seeds.  No team should be forced to play late on Tuesday and then travel cross country for a game with only one day in between, especially against a team from nearby and the same time zone.  

It is lazy and incompetent to simply say, the spoils go to the higher seeds.  Every participant deserves a fair shake.  They have certain “rules” about where certain seeds can play.  That may be fine but it doesn’t give you carte blanche to run a lower seed through the ringer.

This is not that complicated although they try to pretend that it is.  I assure that people in my business do far more complicated things more competently than this idiocy.  

Understand, none of this is an excuse.  I’m addressing unsophisticated thought process where more competence is required.  

To me it is simple, take the first four games out of Dayton and play them wherever the teams are going to end up.

DaYtOn FaNs WiLl ShOw Up....

Whatever man, who cares.  That is not where the money is at anyway.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

To me it is simple, take the first four games out of Dayton and play them wherever the teams are going to end up.

DaYtOn FaNs WiLl ShOw Up....

Whatever man, who cares.  That is not where the money is at anyway.

Applause.  That’s the best solution.  Next best would be to have all play in games on Tuesday and then have the winners play Friday.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, IU247 said:

I mean the screw job by the Ncaa has to be pretty blatant for the OPPOSING COACH to literally downplay the curb stomp it just put on a team in march madness.  

I would think all coaches would be against it.  Any of them could end up in that situation.  For a program like St. Mary's, they are probably more likely to end up in a game like that than most P5 programs.

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

To me that is where having the pod system hurts.  Before if you were in the East region you would play in one of the two East region sites. Today even if you are in the East region you can play your first two games out west. If we're able to play in day Buffalo then the trip from Dayton wouldn't be do bad.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

This team is weak. It’s either that or you win. It’s clearly not the latter, so this team is WEAK. 

I think we have the right coach for the most part, but we need a major upgrade in personnel. 

Like we need fu*&ing monsters on this team to destroy anyone they come up against. I’m sick of wondering if we have the firepower to come back.

It should be a given. Is it or is it not IU?

Can’t blame the players. They played their hearts out over the last few weeks. 

The future will be brighter.,We will get to where you want us to be 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Go the Ivey League route. Tourney is only for the top 4 teams

Having the conference tourney one week earlier would be great.  I think we did it once.  But it compresses the regular season. The logistics are tough for that.  If not a week, how about starting it the Sunday before or something like that?    Moving it up three days could work.   We’ve started the regular season in December anyway.  They may not want the championship on a weekday night but I bet they’d still make similar money and help competitive stature of conference teams.  While we are fixing the world, they need to address league officiating to follow standards of the tourney.  Some touch fouls tonight.    

Edited by BobSaccamanno

I think having the conference tournament and playing the 20 conference games is hurting the conference.  I know I am old school but don't think it is a coincidence that the big ten hasn't faired well since we expanded the conference.  We play to many conference games which is such a grind and just flat out tires the teams.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nope.

The worst loss was when we were a #1 seed and lost to Syracuse because Crean could not figure out their zone

Absolutely. 

50 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nope.

The worst loss was when we were a #1 seed and lost to Syracuse because Crean could not figure out their zone

52 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nope.

The Austin Etherington game. He was going nuts for Butler while Creen needed a deadeye shooter for the zone. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think having the conference tournament and playing the 20 conference games is hurting the conference.  I know I am old school but don't think it is a coincidence that the big ten hasn't faired well since we expanded the conference.  We play to many conference games which is such a grind and just flat out tires the teams.

The selection committee goes out of their way to declare that the conference tournament games don’t count. At some point the BigTen needs to figure out that the juice isn’t worth the squeeze and NCAA success trumps what little revenue the conf tournament brings. At the very least shrink it to the top 8 teams or figure out scheduling so there’s a week between the two tournaments 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just like football; money over competitiveness. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nope.

That Syracuse team made the Final Four, lots of teams lost to them….just because we should have won doesn’t make it the worst loss in NCAA history. Disappointing loss? Sure. Massively. In my memory the worst loss in tourney history was 2000-01  season against Kent St. That team obviously had all the talent needed for a huge run (showed it the next year) and lost to a mediocre mid major