Transfer Portal 2022

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That applies with Covid, as well? 

My understanding is you get 4 years on campus with an Ivy. You have that extra eligibility with a covid year, medical redshirt, etc, but I can’t think of a time where an Ivy League player was allowed to spend 5 years at the school. 

I don’t think they bring in grad transfers either. I’m not certain on that though. 

Edited by Hippopotamo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

My understanding is you get 4 years on campus with an Ivy. You have that extra eligibility with a covid year, medical redshirt, etc, but I can’t think of a time where an Ivy League player was allowed to spend 5 years at the school. 

I don’t think they bring in grad transfers either. I’m not certain on that though. 

No graduates allowed in the Ivy League. So if a player graduates in 3 years they have to transfer out of the league. So, yes, no grad transfers in.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, All4IU said:

For DJ Burns?  That is strange I don't see how he fits.  Curious where you are hearing he is a consideration for IU?

All I know is he told someone very close to me that.  Maybe he is more interested in IU than IU is interested in him?  I have no idea, but he said they were probably his top choice right now.  

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, All4IU said:

For DJ Burns?  That is strange I don't see how he fits.  Curious where you are hearing he is a consideration for IU?

And again, I have never even see him play, but if Race or Trayce either one leave, he would fit a need wouldn't he?  His size and points per minute played?

4 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

All I know is he told someone very close to me that.  Maybe he is more interested in IU than IU is interested in him?  I have no idea, but he said they were probably his top choice right now.  

Interesting because the D.J. Burns I looked up is pretty dog gone slow, and didn't look that skilled.  Must be a different kid.

11 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

One thing the guys does well is get buckets.  He was 4th in the country in points scored per minute.

image.png.ffcc51ce4c5f104e8e30cda5bb9a6534.png

this is all i'm saying.  i have never seen him play.  not saying if this is good or bad.  just passing on info from an expected source close to home.