Brian Walsh - New Assistant Coach

Adams would be a great pick up. Strong Indiana and Midwest ties. Also in reference to a comment above, Adams does have his hand in the European recruiting world. He’s a Bloomington kid and actually played AAU ball with my brother and is just a class act guy. Many people who are actually informed (not me lol) says that he would definitely be interested and I think he would be a great fit

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Adams would be a great pick up. Strong Indiana and Midwest ties. Also in reference to a comment above, Adams does have his hand in the European recruiting world. He’s a Bloomington kid and actually played AAU ball with my brother and is just a class act guy. Many people who are actually informed (not me lol) says that he would definitely be interested and I think he would be a great fit

Awesome. 

It would be hard to imagine him turning it down, right?

In regards to the new assistant’s ability to coach (i.e. basketball mind) I think that’s less important to Woodson than recruiting. Woodson has his guys that he listens to (Hill, Todd, Wittman) and guys like Ya and Hunter are there to get him good players. I would expect a similar hire in this case.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Awesome. 

It would be hard to imagine him turning it down, right?

You would have to think so, I mean Indiana is a big step up from Bradley and he’s from Bloomington. I believe but don’t quote me that he had a previous position with an Indiana staff in the past but not as a coach so he knows the program. He was an Indiana fan growing up

Edited by HoosierKix
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

You would have to think so, I mean Indiana is a big step up from Bradley and he’s from Bloomington. I believe but don’t quote me that he had a previous position with an Indiana staff in the past but not as a coach so he knows the program. He was an Indiana fan growing up

I believe he was in video dept for Crean

34 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Well, we may need two anyway...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Great info.  What would you say about his X’s and O’s and player development experience?

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great info.  What would you say about his X’s and O’s and player development experience?

I don’t think I can speak directly to it because not quite that in tune with him, but he has been around terrific basketball minds his whole life. Also if you watch Bradley, they play some pretty basketball and Adams is apart of game planning from what I’ve read and heard so I would lead to believe that his X’s and O’s are solid, but his hand would be a little more recruiting due to his strong ties

• Thanks 2

Recruiting is the life blood of the game. You cannot have enough elite level recruiters with key contacts. Beyond that, if you can find someone with an ability to coach shooting it would be most helpful.

If we take all the speculation we heard yesterday as true, it has to be someone loyal who is not looking step beyond their role and someone CMW feels comfortable with, which suggests someone he has known for a while and trusts. There can only be so many of those but I'm not sure any of them will fall into the category of elite level recruiter. 

• Like 1