IU Transfers

KDB

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Feel bad for Khristian.  Really seems like a good kid, and it couldn't have been easy to sit the bench after being told how good he was all those years growing up.

That said, I saw him play a couple of times in high school before he committed to IU, and I'm not surprised he struggled.

There were many of us that were dumbfounded by his ranking from the start. I, admittedly, allowed myself to use some Crimson glasses when he reclassified... which I still don't think was the wrong decision, he just wasnt there talent wise to begin with. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There were many of us that were dumbfounded by his ranking from the start. I, admittedly, allowed myself to use some Crimson glasses when he reclassified... which I still don't think was the wrong decision, he just wasnt there talent wise to begin with. 

First, good luck to Khristian. I truly hope he goes somewhere he gets to shine and does so. And I think he will...

But he certainly wasn't ready basketball wise, and seeing some of the disturbing things he put on Instagram, I think he was even less prepared life wise when he reclassified...

I'm not sure where to lay that blame, but he got bad advice all the way around on that one...

• Like 3

Just now, IUFLA said:

First, good luck to Khristian. I truly hope he goes somewhere he gets to shine and does so. And I think he will...

But he certainly wasn't ready basketball wise, and seeing some of the disturbing things he put on Instagram, I think he was even less prepared life wise when he reclassified...

I'm not sure where to lay that blame, but he got bad advice all the way around on that one...

Guess we'll agree to disagree! If it was handled more like Race's situation, it should have been a great thing for him. 

• Like 2

Disappointed, but not surprised. The only way he's going to progress is with consistent playing time. I think he could do well, but his defense is just not closed to be good enough against BIG competition. But you could see his jump shot was much improved, so I bet he ends up being a very good scorer wherever he ends up. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Guess we'll agree to disagree! If it was handled more like Race's situation, it should have been a great thing for him. 

I don't think we're really even disagreeing...

You sad...

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

he just wasnt there talent wise to begin with. 

I think he potentially had the talent, he just didn't have the physical or mental maturity yet to be in a big time college basketball program. And I think the high rating made red shirting him almost impossible without pushback from all sides...fans, family...would it have been the best move for him? I thinks so, but we'll never know...

You'd see the court vision and quickness in spurts, so I do think he was a very talented player, he just didn't have the consistency that maturity brings...

And I think when he makes his choice, it'll be close to home (Louisville wouldn't surprise me)...and that will be good for him...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think we're really even disagreeing...

You sad...

I think he potentially had the talent, he just didn't have the physical or mental maturity yet to be in a big time college basketball program. And I think the high rating made red shirting him almost impossible without pushback from all sides...fans, family...would it have been the best move for him? I thinks so, but we'll never know...

You'd see the court vision and quickness in spurts, so I do think he was a very talented player, he just didn't have the consistency that maturity brings...

And I think when he makes his choice, it'll be close to home (Louisville wouldn't surprise me)...and that will be good for him...

I thought you were saying he shouldn't have reclassified. Its evident he absolutely should have RSed to begin with. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I thought you were saying he shouldn't have reclassified. Its evident he absolutely should have RSed to begin with. 

I'm saying he wasn't ready in more ways than one...Maybe he  should have waited...but being that he didn't, he certainly should have red shirted that first year... 

• Like 1

I have a logistics question when it comes to basketball transfers. What a player (like Lander) announces they want to transfer, do they finish out their semester at their current school? If so, where do they work out and get shots up between leaving their current school and enrolling in their new school? I imagine it’d be awkward for Lander to use the IU team facilities when he decides to transfer, but where else is he supposed to go to train?

2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I have a logistics question when it comes to basketball transfers. What a player (like Lander) announces they want to transfer, do they finish out their semester at their current school? If so, where do they work out and get shots up between leaving their current school and enrolling in their new school? I imagine it’d be awkward for Lander to use the IU team facilities when he decides to transfer, but where else is he supposed to go to train?

Yes finish out the semester. I believe he will be allowed to lift in the facilities. These are great questions. 

I dont 100% know

16 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

It's probably not as awkward as you'd think.  Lander has a bond with the other players by now.  I'm sure they recognize as he does, that playing time would likely be a challenge is he chose to stay.  I'm sure Woody told him he'd be welcome to continue using the facilities as he finishes out the semester.  Where it might be awkward would be if his departure was a surprise and he announced he was transferring to a hated rival and looking forward to lighting up the coach who kept him on the bench.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's probably not as awkward as you'd think.  Lander has a bond with the other players by now.  I'm sure they recognize as he does, that playing time would likely be a challenge is he chose to stay.  I'm sure Woody told him he'd be welcome to continue using the facilities as he finishes out the semester.  Where it might be awkward would be if his departure was a surprise and he announced he was transferring to a hated rival and looking forward to lighting up the coach who kept him on the bench.

That’s a great point about Lander bonding with and having good relationships with the team. I’m curious where if a guy blindsided the coaching staff or ended on bad terms if he would still be entitled to using the team facilities. 

1 hour ago, Hippopotamo said:

Remember when Armaan still worked out with the team after entering the portal and everyone assumed he was staying because of that.  Scholarship and everything that comes with is good for the entire school year I believe. 

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Remember when Armaan still worked out with the team after entering the portal and everyone assumed he was staying because of that.  Scholarship and everything that comes with is good for the entire school year I believe. 

I do remember...also remember feeling like IU's best outside threat was gone when he left.  Amazing what 12 months does to that view.

• Like 1

What does IU/CMW stand to gain by locking him out of the facilities?

Let him continue to work on his game. Send the message that we are not too big , too pompous to let a guy who committed 2 years to our program work to improve himself.

Amazing how the little things sometimes become big things to someone who is evaluating the culture of different programs 

• Like 4