Boys

1A: Greenwood Christian Academy vs Park Tudor

2A: Brebeuf Jesuit vs Mishawaka Marian

3A: Columbus North vs Noblesville 

Girls

1A: Park Tudor vs FW Canterbury 

2A: Evansville Memorial* vs Leo

3A: Carmel* vs Noblesville*

*Fighting for the MaxPreps National Championship, currently 1. Noblesville, 2. Carmel, 3. Evansville Memorial

I'm not, 'that guy' but at what point will Ihsaa make the private vs public thing a conversation leading to change?  66% of the girls field and 50% of the boys.  Same story in football.  Are the private schools that powerful financially that change will never occur?

It probably does benefit the ihsaa for them to be good, they have affluent fans that travel.  

28 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm not, 'that guy' but at what point will Ihsaa make the private vs public thing a conversation leading to change?  66% of the girls field and 50% of the boys.  Same story in football.  Are the private schools that powerful financially that change will never occur?

It probably does benefit the ihsaa for them to be good, they have affluent fans that travel.  

Memorial has had 2 of the best coaches in the state over the last 30 years, so it is not a surprise seeing them in the Finals year in and year out.     I believe both coaches are a combined 800+ wins between the two. Memorial’s won a National Championship in 2008. Memorial’s teams are always good since because both teams play nationally ranked opponents every year. Down here in Evansville, Memorial is known as a Soccer school, not football.

For the other Private schools in the tournament, I can’t speak for Park Tudor or Greenwood Christian (They were involved with some IHSAA violations in Basketball) since I don’t follow 1A. Brebeuf’s rapid rise just  came out of nowhere in the last 3-4 years, I believe this is Marian’s first state title appearance in 7 years. Their Girl’s team is usually good too. I don’t know much about Girl’s FW Canterbury, but their Boy’s team has dominated 1A in recent years. Truth is, I can’t say much about these teams, other than Memorial since I went there.

In my opinion, IHSAA should have kept it as a single class system or left it 2 classes since the matchups would be more exciting in the Final Four/State Championships. 

14 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Memorial has had 2 of the best coaches in the state over the last 30 years, so it is not a surprise seeing them in the Finals year in and year out.     I believe both coaches are a combined 800+ wins between the two. Memorial’s won a National Championship in 2008. Memorial’s teams are always good since because both teams play nationally ranked opponents every year. Down here in Evansville, Memorial is known as a Soccer school, not football.

For the other Private schools in the tournament, I can’t speak for Park Tudor or Greenwood Christian (They were involved with some IHSAA violations in Basketball) since I don’t follow 1A. Brebeuf’s rapid rise just  came out of nowhere in the last 3-4 years, I believe this is Marian’s first state title appearance in 7 years. Their Girl’s team is usually good too. I don’t know much about Girl’s FW Canterbury, but their Boy’s team has dominated 1A in recent years. Truth is, I can’t say much about these teams, other than Memorial since I went there.

In my opinion, IHSAA should have kept it as a single class system or left it 2 classes since the matchups would be more exciting in the Final Four/State Championships. 

You don't have to convince me on their success.   

My buddy would tell you Memorial is a wrestling school

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

IU won their first round game of the conference tournament 1-0 over PSU.  On the road to Maryland on Wednesday.

So the conference  tournament is spread out over many days, enough to travel to home fields all over the conference and not done all in one location  invitational style?  With all the money they are floating in, can't  this be budgeted in?  

35 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So the conference  tournament is spread out over many days, enough to travel to home fields all over the conference and not done all in one location  invitational style?  With all the money they are floating in, can't  this be budgeted in?  

The only way I know how to answer that is soccer teams typically only play one time in a three or four day span.  That could be a lot of time in hotel rooms and whatnot over a week and and a half to two weeks.  I think your question is a legit one.  I just don’t know how to answer it.