Illinois Postgame Thread

11 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My guess is CAM has seen the defensive deficiencies and focused a lot of time in those areas. I think CTC philosophy is more shots and possessions so to play that way in practice maybe we shot a lot more and maybe guys worked more in their own. Plus they had 3 guys leave early that demanded attention and now defenses can focus and force tough shots

Yup, we actually play defense now.  Playing hard on that end of the court, especially when you aren't accustomed to it, can lead to higher fatigue and less legs for shots.  I think one aspect of the deceased %'s is from us actually playing on both ends of the court now. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

Yup, we actually play defense now.  Playing hard on that end of the court, especially when you aren't accustomed to it, can lead to higher fatigue and less legs for shots.  I think one aspect of the deceased %'s is from us actually playing on both ends of the court now. 

If this were even remotely accurate, then shame on the staff and the kids for not being in better shape.

10 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

If this were even remotely accurate, then shame on the staff and the kids for not being in better shape.

I guess it could explain why they apparently don't have a problem shooting in practice? I've heard Archie say on a couple of occasions that the team shoots well in practice, but it doesn't translate to the game. It'd be interesting to see our shooting percentages in the first half vs. the second half. 

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

There really isn't a basis to think the team isn't in shape. Shooting percentages are likely down because of factors like lack of spacing when you lose your best outside shooters and multiple scorers, and losing a guy like Bryant inside, and that the team now relies less on outside shooting and thus shoots less.

Not sure if this was directed at my comment. If so, I am not saying that they are not in shape. Someone made the comment that the shooting percentages are down because of the team now being asked to play both ends of the floor. I meant that this seemed to be an excuse, and if so, that's on the entire program.

37 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Not sure if this was directed at my comment. If so, I am not saying that they are not in shape. Someone made the comment that the shooting percentages are down because of the team now being asked to play both ends of the floor. I meant that this seemed to be an excuse, and if so, that's on the entire program.

Just saying there isn't a basis to think the team is out of shape.

Archived