World Cup 2022 Qatar

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I watched the 2nd half today. Spent the whole first half in a meeting about a student, would have had it on in my room.  

I would say about 2/3 of my 50 employees were watching today. Most of them not from the US. I could hear the results as I was walking by. Was very tempted to watch the second half. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If you don't want your country pronounced.... IRAN, don't spell it--- I RAN.... spell it.... I RON. Idiots. 

Hold that L🤣

I was surprised to see so many people cheering for them.  Must have sent the government liason delegation and elites to act like they have freedom.  I like how they kept showing the Iranian Instagram models.  Placed propaganda and fox played along.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was surprised to see so many people cheering for them.  Must have sent the government liason delegation and elites to act like they have freedom.  I like how they kept showing the Iranian Instagram models.  Placed propaganda and fox played along.  

You don’t realize how much the US is hated around the world:

18 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

You good enough to guarantee a spot on the team?

Is was pretty good in 3rd grade.  My school didn't have a team so I quit after 5th grade.  That was dumb, I'm short and was sort of fast.  Soccer was the only sport I was naturally good at and built for.  After being a semi competitive runner for almost 20 years my knees and ankles hurt from getting out of bed like the rest of us.  

Netherlands are playing chess.  We are playing soccer.

• Like 1

I had it on until The Netherlands scored the first goal.  Checked the score periodically and when I saw it was 2-0 at half, I went outside and finished my Christmas lights.  

2-0 in soccer is a 3 TD lead in football, a 25-point lead in basketball, and a 12-run lead in baseball.  At that point, there's really not much reason to believe the outcome will be any different.

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is was pretty good in 3rd grade.  My school didn't have a team so I quit after 5th grade.  That was dumb, I'm short and was sort of fast.  Soccer was the only sport I was naturally good at and built for.  After being a semi competitive runner for almost 20 years my knees and ankles hurt from getting out of bed like the rest of us.  

Netherlands are playing chess.  We are playing soccer.

You were born too late.  Soccer is pretty big at Silver Creek now.  The girls, especially, have strung together some really good seasons the last 4-5 years.  They went to semi-state in '20.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It was incredible 

That was as close to edge of your seat as you are going to get in any sport.  Messi worlds greatest ever, evidently no longer arguable, cemented his place at the top, going out on top with 2 goals, one in overtime.  

Then Mbappe, freaking stud.  23 years old, considered the current world's top player, is already 2nd in world cup career goals scored(with a championship last time). Scored 3 goals of his own.  He will be 27, 31, and 35 the next 3 world cups. Barring injury, cocaine,  or a Kardashian,  he will wind up being the greatest of all time at his current trajectory.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That last 45 minutes was incredible. Ayden is a huge Messi fan so it was fun to have a rooting interest. 

Yeah, we were cheering for Messi too.  Just for the history at stake.  I hated how they were hinging greatest ever on one game.  

Mbappe though is just insane.  Late in the game he almost took four dudes.  I might have to start tuning in to him and Messi on the same pro team.  Insane.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yeah, we were cheering for Messi too.  Just for the history at stake.  I hated how they were hinging greatest ever on one game.  

Mbappe though is just insane.  Late in the game he almost took four dudes.  I might have to start tuning in to him and Messi on the same pro team.  Insane.  

It was impressive.  We do not watch soccer but about 4 years ago Ayden starting watching Messi with Barcelona and we went to University of Michigan just to watch them play. Pretty cool experience 

• Like 1