PF 2023 Arrinten Page

16 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

The reason it’s hard to go up against Miami is the STUPID amount of NIL Money they throw at people they want. The QB they just got is getting $9.5m from them which is insane.

That's what I was thinking.  That idiot billionaire is willing to buy whoever Miami coaches want.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-staff-set-to-go-visit-2023-big-man-arrinten-page/ 

Looks like the coaches will be visiting Page on Friday, the first game coaches can go out to see recruits.

Good to see IU's staff still working hard on this one.  I still think it will likely come down to how much money Miami's idiot billionaire is willing to throw at Page.  If he's willing to make Page a millionaire every year he's in college, that's a lot for a teenager to say no to, regardless of how much he likes another school.

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Good to see IU's staff still working hard on this one.  I still think it will likely come down to how much money Miami's idiot billionaire is willing to throw at Page.  If he's willing to make Page a millionaire every year he's in college, that's a lot for a teenager to say no to, regardless of how much he likes another school.

I doubt Page is the type of recruit who is going to command that much NIL money

On 9/6/2022 at 4:26 PM, FKIM01 said:

On a mediocre team, yes he had.

Not saying the billionaire will or won't throw stupid money at this recruit.  I just know not to discount the possibility after seeing some of his crazy deals.

I just can't see how some of these boosters can sustain giving out this much every year.  The Miami guy is also paying for all of the OL at Miami

Edited by IU Scott

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

At the end of June, Ruiz had well over 100 athletes under NIL deals with his companies, mostly at the U. 

Yes, but according to this his investment is $7 million, or $70,000 per athlete... With guys like Pack getting big money, and others getting much less...Other P5 schools, Including IU, can match that

And, it sounds like Ruiz is starting to be a bit more judicious in the future with his money 

"He also indicated he may not be so keen to sign as many agreements in the future, “People pay less attention, so you get less return on your investment.”

Edited by IUFLA

48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, but according to this his investment is $7 million, or $70,000 per athlete... With guys like Pack getting big money, and others getting much less...Other P5 schools, Including IU, can match that

And, it sounds like Ruiz is starting to be a bit more judicious in the future with his money 

"He also indicated he may not be so keen to sign as many agreements in the future, “People pay less attention, so you get less return on your investment.”

I would be very careful with the NIL money because some of these kids are taking advantage of the donors. On QB at LSU took the money then quit football and won't have to give the money back.  Also OSU gave Ewers all that money and never played a game at OSU

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I would be very careful with the NIL money because some of these kids are taking advantage of the donors. On QB at LSU took the money then quit football and won't have to give the money back.  Also OSU gave Ewers all that money and never played a game at OSU

I'm actually glad to hear this.  That may slow some of the idiots down.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What money did OSU-backers give Ewers? The biggest deals that kid signed were with companies investing in Ewers, not propping up OSU football players . . . at least the deals I read about. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PNWHoosier said:

What money did OSU-backers give Ewers? The biggest deals that kid signed were with companies investing in Ewers, not propping up OSU football players . . . at least the deals I read about. 

Autographs?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32120440/ohio-state-buckeyes-qb-quinn-ewers-nil-deal-14-million-source-says

42 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I still keep hearing IU is the team to beat, that has not changed recently. All along the word has been committing prior to his season starting 

It is funny it depends where you look for info.  I ventured over to rivals just to read comments on recruiting and people over there is saying it is a long shot that Page comes to IU.  Other places thinks we still have a great chance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I still keep hearing IU is the team to beat, that has not changed recently. All along the word has been committing prior to his season starting 

It was one quote that started the emotional knee jerk. That package deal nonsense to usc. Same dudes were saying Cincy was ahead of us. Rabby this..etc blah blah blah. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

It was one quote that started the emotional knee jerk. That package deal nonsense to usc. Same dudes were saying Cincy was ahead of us. Rabby this..etc blah blah blah. 

And even then it wasn't a direct quote from Isaiah Collier himself, just speculation from the author of the On3 article... 

"There are a couple of things to look for here. Collier’s Marietta (GA) Wheeler High and The Skills Factory travel ball teammate, four-star Arrinten Page. There has been talk of the pair teaming up for college." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

I do not see a package deal happening. Dad knows what the best situation long term is and THAT is the key to this one. Can Dad change his thoughts of course but right now IU is on the right side of Mr Page

• Like 3