2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

2 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Disagree only because of the risk involved. Every season you go without getting paid at this point is a gamble. Especially if you are highly sought after. At a D1 school he not only can get the NIL money but he has access to resources to prepare for his future and he likely practices daily against multiple D1 athletes. Why risk injury at a prep school and not get paid? It's about getting paid now. The sooner everyone accepts this the better. 

I agree with all that, but isn’t prep school an alternative to high school?

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

I agree with all that, but isn’t prep school an alternative to high school?

Yes it is. But that's why I originally said unless he can't make the grades for college.  If he has the grades he needs to go to a college even if all he does is practice, workout, and get paid. If he never plays a game year one, it's still the better option. Hopefully he has smart people around him to help make a good choice.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I went with the least likely based on what SS said (that we might be surprised who top pick is, none of the others would have surprised me)

Maybe they’ve recently started Turing things up a bit with him. I’m not sure I just know that as of 3-4 weeks ago Purdue was starting to the lead.

• Like 1

Recruiting has changed a lot over the years and now NIL comes into play. 

At this point, after many visits and discussions with interested programs, is there anything left to learn about an offer/program/coaching staff/NIL opportunities? Probably not. My guess is some will want to wait until all the transfer portal activity is done but that window is open until May 11. It could be a long time before anything happens.

• Like 2