2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

That's a pretty odd take. I would argue UC and the city of Cincinnati has 10x more to offer to a college kid than Bloomington Indiana. Cincys population is north of 300,000, Bloomington is around 85k. And IU may not think about UC much, but I assure you, we don't think about IU at all-neither program has won anything in what seems like forever-but hey, keep trying in football!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, cbranhamuc said:

That's a pretty odd take. I would argue UC and the city of Cincinnati has 10x more to offer to a college kid than Bloomington Indiana. Cincys population is north of 300,000, Bloomington is around 85k. And IU may not think about UC much, but I assure you, we don't think about IU at all-neither program has won anything in what seems like forever-but hey, keep trying in football!

I am a Reds fan and been to Cincinnati many times and the city is not impressive at all.  Well IU basketball has won 3 championships since UC last won one.  IU is rated one of the most beautiful college campus in the country and UC is in a bad part of a city

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, cbranhamuc said:

I don’t think anyone cares about the population of the city, you go to college to hang out with college kids, not hang out with adults who live in the city. Unless that’s different at Cincinnati I guess? 

I think Bloomington is a vastly superior college town than Cincinnati is. Not to mention Indiana as a brand is pretty far above Cincinnati regardless of what you want to argue. But if this kid wants to follow an important figure in his life wherever he goes, good for him. I think most people knew he’d follow him wherever he went. 

Edited by IndyHoosier22
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I don’t think anyone cares about the population of the city, you go to college to hang out with college kids, not hang out with adults who live in the city. Unless that’s different at Cincinnati I guess? 

I think Bloomington is a vastly superior college town than Cincinnati is. Not to mention Indiana as a brand is pretty far above Cincinnati regardless of what you want to argue. But if this kid wants to follow an important figure in his life wherever he goes, good for him. I think most people knew he’d follow him wherever he went. 

I understand this kid and the reason he would go to USC. The ones I am wondering about  why Page and Collier would go to UC

1 hour ago, cbranhamuc said:

Put the crack pipe down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I am a Reds fan and been to Cincinnati many tes and the city is not impressive at all.  Well IU basketball has won 3 championships since UC last won one.  IU is rated one of the most beautiful college campus in the country and UC is in a bad part of a city

IU's last championship was also before any of today's recruits were born. 

I know when I was choosing a college that the look of the campus had zero influence on my decision. It might matter to some, but I doubt it is a major factor of very many recruits.

Relationships, money, playing style, playing time, etc. are probably much more important. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cbranhamuc said:

Except for when you need a new assistant coach or a transfer point guard. Or a place to recruit. But other than that, never. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Would UC be involved at all if they hadn’t hired his coach?

They didn't hire his coach. Other schools could have a chance but UC could very well land him because of their hire of Drew Adams. That said IU feels like they have a chance and they want to take a shot at it. 

17 hours ago, cbranhamuc said:

It says a lot about your city when the best place to hang out is the Kentucky town across the river...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They didn't hire his coach. Other schools could have a chance but UC could very well land him because of their hire of Drew Adams. That said IU feels like they have a chance and they want to take a shot at it. 

Is Drew Adams not the coach? It looks like I got some things mixed up. 

3 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Is Drew Adams not the coach? It looks like I got some things mixed up. 

Drew Adams is the Associate AD for Basketball at UC. He has never coached Bidunga. Mark Adams which is his father runs Indiana Elite but doesn't coach him either and helped get Bidunga to the US. He also will push kids to certain schools from time to time and that is where the rumors of Bidunga to UC come from.  

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, cbranhamuc said:

I assure you, absolutely no one cares.  

• Haha 3

I've lived in Cincy for a long time. No need to mud sling the town guys. It's a great town and not too big of a city. Bottom line is some kids prefer more of an urban style campus vs a college town feel. I've had a kid choose one of each. Exactly for that reason. IU is clearly the better basketball tradition, but UC is also rich in history. Both are in history though...unfortunately. Bloomington isn't for everyone. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

I've lived in Cincy for a long time. No need to mud sling the town guys. It's a great town and not too big of a city. Bottom line is some kids prefer more of an urban style campus vs a college town feel. I've had a kid choose one of each. Exactly for that reason. IU is clearly the better basketball tradition, but UC is also rich in history. Both are in history though...unfortunately. Bloomington isn't for everyone. 

Hey now.  The Bearcat fan started it in this house.  For the record, I love Cincinnati...the city not the university.