2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

Just now, IU Scott said:

But wouldn't you think he would be hired for a position that can go out and recruit instead of a assistant AD job

Not if it is not available yet and your are close with a certain asst coach and head coach. Having ties to Fiory did not hurt that's for sure and I feel it did play a role but there is an established relationship their between Drew and the UC staff

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

But wouldn't you think he would be hired for a position that can go out and recruit instead of a assistant AD job

Not if they wanted to hire him but didn’t have an assistant job open. He’s been trending towards a higher level job for a while without the chances of getting Bidunga a to follow. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Not if they wanted to hire him but didn’t have an assistant job open. He’s been trending towards a higher level job for a while without the chances of getting Bidunga a to follow. 

So why didn't they do this in the spring if they really wanted. I just find the timing right before the season starts as odd.  Also this happens after the kids blows up this summer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Did you guys read an article that Fiory and another 24 prospect may be looking to move up a class if posaible?

Madison22

Very nice update with some top-30 IU-offer '24's who may reclassify to '23.

From TheDailyHoosier, of course. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-notebook-two-2024s-considering-reclass-tucker-eyeing-visit-moreno-offered/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Did you guys read an article that Fiory and another 24 prospect may be looking to move up a class if posaible?

I remember how the last reclass  went. Different body I know. And a kid looking to get to the NBA one year sooner. Just dont like them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Game winner on put back last nigh and gave Center Grove first loss of season.

Admittedly I have a very hard time judging bigs and how good they actually are when playing vs kids who are so much shorter/lighter. With guards and wings I can see things. Their shot, quickness,etc...but bigs I just don't evaluate well.

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Game winner on put back last nigh and gave Center Grove first loss of season.

Admittedly I have a very hard time judging bigs and how good they actually are when playing vs kids who are so much shorter/lighter. With guards and wings I can see things. Their shot, quickness,etc...but bigs I just don't evaluate well.

Also don't bigs take longer to mature? 

Another thing is unless you see the big going up against other bigs of similar caliber it's hard to evaluate them cause a physically mature big that has a big 10 body will put up big numbers against 6'4" to 6'6" centers of other teams and makes it even harder to evaluate. Right?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...