2024 Flory Bidunga Commits to Kansas

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Who is best comp? I see kids score 30 against single A and we know it doesn't translate. Just curious of a comp.

Giannis is the first guy I think of. Admittedly part of that may be just because he picked up basketball a bit later and is incredibly athletic, but that’s a pretty good starting point.

Wouldn’t expect him to be Giannis like in college, that’s more long term projection. College wise think maybe what Giannis was the first couple years he was really getting minutes before he became an All Star and MVP. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

This will take you back a bit, and show my age a bit, but his highlight clips bring back memories of Shawn Kemp.

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

His frame and athleticism reminds me of Chris Webber.

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Giannis is the first guy I think of. Admittedly part of that may be just because he picked up basketball a bit later and is incredibly athletic, but that’s a pretty good starting point.

Wouldn’t expect him to be Giannis like in college, that’s more long term projection. College wise think maybe what Giannis was the first couple years he was really getting minutes before he became an All Star and MVP. 

I'll take any of these comps for sure. Thanks guys. Just never know how to rank bigs. Hopefully we can convince one of these 24 kids to say yes early so we can start building.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IUJoe said:

This will take you back a bit, and show my age a bit, but his highlight clips bring back memories of Shawn Kemp.

The Reign Man, was a baaaaaddd man back in the day for sure! Just ask Alton Lister about his blister lol

Edited by gnet550
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm sure it was purely coincidence but was nice to see a couple of Pacers sitting near him behind the bench. Looks like Mathurin and Nembhard took the game in. Never a bad thing having pros around your program.

One would hope that the program catered those guys and they were able to say what's up to our recruits.  I imagine them saying, "look, I played at Arizona and he played at Florida.  This is by far the best college basketball venue you will ever experience.  If I was 17 again, knowing what I know, with Coach Woodson, I'd choose IU."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah I get that, but in the case of the Adams they've had kids get suspended for that connection already. Do you not remember HMP and Peter Jurkin? 

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but being connected to Adams and AHOPE is not what got them suspended. It was more about other connections Adams had at the time as an IU booster and the selling of some bumper stickers. 😀 

21 hours ago, PNWHoosier said:

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but being connected to Adams and AHOPE is not what got them suspended. It was more about other connections Adams had at the time as an IU booster and the selling of some bumper stickers. 😀 

No it was cellphones and laptops. It was IU self imposed. Adams had IU alumni association stickers on his cars. IU was afraid of scrutiny and the NCAA. This in conjunction with Scott Drew being pissed about losing Hanner. The Adams are like the bargain booster level. They would give the minimum which got the sticker. IU was so bad at this game. Also Crean hired one (Adams)as the video coordinator. 

Edited by Victobmyboy
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 10:25 PM, KoB2011 said:

@Seeking624-25 could be a really special season for us based on the recruits we are in on and what our roster should look like. I hate labeling next year as a gap year, because I think that’ll be good (really good if JHS sticks around), but wow hard not to get excited about the future. 

With the portal now, there better never be "gap" years. You pugs holes and keep rolling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1