Who was the last IU player...

I would put Yogi and JBJ ad the last two you it was a shock that the ball didn't go in. The guys in my time that I would put them in that category is Alford, Edwards and Chesney.  There were also guys I would put in that if it was just talking about jumpers but not 3's like Wittman, Mitchell, Henderson and Anderson.

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

Last one that felt like virtually a lock would be Ziesloft.

Two years at IU he hit 63 (45%) and 65 (42%). Compare to IU last season where Parker hit 53 (39%).  

Funny how Parker's percentage wasn't really a lot lower, but it sure seems like he was a lot streakier.  Maybe that's just my faulty memory though...

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Funny how Parker's percentage wasn't really a lot lower, but it sure seems like he was a lot streakier.  Maybe that's just my faulty memory though...

He just faired poorly the last 12 games...27% from 3...first 23 games 43%...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

... was he even one? 

I watched some highlights from when he played at tennesee whatever for his dad.  He was aggressive and looking to create his own shot and drive the ball.  He also looked about 25lbs lighter then.  I think losing his dad took the player heart out of him.  I think he gained weight and was never the same.  Was he ever going to be all B1G no, but i did expect the attacking looking for his shot player he was who averaged 17ppg in his last gig.  He just mostly stood around looking for a wide open shot. And then never looked interested in the game when on the bench.

Wish the best for the kid.  

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I watched some highlights from when he played at tennesee whatever for his dad.  He was aggressive and looking to create his own shot and drive the ball.  He also looked about 25lbs lighter then.  I think losing his dad took the player heart out of him.  I think he gained weight and was never the same.  Was he ever going to be all B1G no, but i did expect the attacking looking for his shot player he was who averaged 17ppg in his last gig.  He just mostly stood around looking for a wide open shot. And then never looked interested in the game when on the bench.

Wish the best for the kid.  

Yeah the kids been through a lot.  Hope he can find his way. 

• Like 2

The only correct answer here is James Blackmon in 2016-2017 (43.2%, 3.0/7.2 threes per game).  Since then, we’ve only had two players shoot 40%+ from three on legitimate volume — Devonte Green in 2018-2019 (41.0%, 1.7/4.2 threes per game) and Armaan Franklin in 2020-2021 (42.4%, 1.6/3.9 threes per game).  Blackmon’s the last player we’ve seen average 2+ threes per game.