What are Your Favorite Things to Discuss on HSN?

30 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Not quite sure besides the Indiana basketball tidbits, analysis, and breakdowns what lures me here.  Maybe the anonymity but also sorta knowing each other.  We kinda know each other, support each other.  

Speaking of, where has @mrflynn03 been?  Where you at bro?  

I sent mrflynn a DM about a week ago and have not heard back.  In looking at his profile page, he hasn't logged in for a few weeks.  Hope everything is okay.

• Like 1

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings 

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs 

And I love the humor on this site 😁

• Like 4

On 4/14/2022 at 10:06 PM, 5fouls said:

#1 - Sweet person.  Deserved better than me.  Still on good terms.

#2 - Look up the definition of b*tch in the dictionary

#3 - Fun loving person, but my salary could not keep up with her spending habits.

#4 - In Federal Prison

#5 - Would take her back if she would have me.

#6 & #8 - Decided they liked each other better and are now a couple.  

#7 - Her hot sister was my downfall

#9 - A night in Las Vegas gone bad.  

#10 would have been Tyra Buss if not for that pesky restraining order :coffee: 

• Haha 1

The things I probably enjoy discussing the most are the players...signees, transfers and returning.  I also like catching up on players that left just to see how things went for them. 

...and I can't say I'm sad about hearing of the misfortunes of crooked coaches, cheating programs and Turdue. 😂

I think the two discussions that tend to make my eyes glaze over are projected lineups and guessing next year's record/finishing spot in the Big Ten.  These have seriously been beaten to death ad nauseum and I have no interest in participating anymore.  Ughh...🤮🤮🤮

1895256380_Beatingdeadhorse.gif.fdeff46f16a6ad8f716a74c18403bf2e.gif

• Haha 3

Can a player be an all-time favorite if they left early? 

In the personal category...

Was #7's sister #8, #9, or #10? If not, why?

How long until #11? Should be a betting opportunity.

How long until #4 gets released? Is there a restraining order in place?

Was #3 a prostitute?

Just my list. Sorry I am late to the party.

• Haha 1

I think it’s fun to talk about our projections for next season in terms of results and lineups. It’s hard to predict but fun to talk about.  Also, I think the off-topics are fun in the off-season, a better way to get to know each other. I have had the pleasure to meet posters in real life, especially @Naturalhoosier as we met up for the IU vs Cincy football game this last season. (Concession stands were a NIGHTMARE)

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I think it’s fun to talk about our projections for next season in terms of results and lineups. It’s hard to predict but fun to talk about.  Also, I think the off-topics are fun in the off-season, a better way to get to know each other. I have had the pleasure to meet posters in real life, especially @Naturalhoosier as we met up for the IU vs Cincy football game this last season. (Concession stands were a NIGHTMARE)

I was at that game as well.  I was the guy in the IU t-shirt. 

And, yes, I second the fact that concessions were a nightmare.  Memorial Stadium was totally unprepared for that size of a crowd.  I got my popcorn and drink an hour before the game, but it was so dang hot, by halftime I wanted/needed  another (water).  I when down a couple of minutes before the half.  Looked to be a good 20-30 minute wait.  I checked back several other times before the end of the game and the line just kept growing through the entire second half. 

I would guess that some people missed the entire second half in line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

And, yes, I second the fact that concessions were a nightmare.  Memorial Stadium was totally unprepared for that size of a crowd.  I got my popcorn and drink an hour before the game, but it was so dang hot, by halftime I wanted/needed  another (water).  I when down a couple of minutes before the half.  Looked to be a good 20-30 minute wait.  I checked back several other times before the end of the game and the line just kept growing through the entire second half. 

Yeah, the lines were so bad. I missed an entire quarter of the game waiting in line, and then they ran out of water at some point early in the 2nd half I believe because it was getting so hot. A lot of people cheered when a cloud would cover the sun, and it wasn’t cloudy at all lol. 19ED7B5B-B91A-46A3-979A-A76B08E8C73B.thumb.jpeg.1b34c379dfe8a04c092a6222efb3af23.jpeg57DA1880-CEAA-467A-B62B-219EC29E6BF3.thumb.jpeg.e9a77e17f49c413644519e71703c66e4.jpeg

D7A19020-7557-4C60-AE28-3A8C39CF581F.jpeg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Ya'll are preparing an invasion into Nippert this fall, right?

On 4/15/2022 at 7:59 AM, NotIThatLives said:

Not quite sure besides the Indiana basketball tidbits, analysis, and breakdowns what lures me here.  Maybe the anonymity but also sorta knowing each other.  We kinda know each other, support each other.  

Speaking of, where has @mrflynn03 been?  Where you at bro?  

I'm here.  Doing fine. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1