Crean admitted today. He does not watch IU games.

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

If Pitt does away with Stallings I could see him there.  He really doesn't have to be in a hurry and he himself has said it will have to be a perfect fit(paraphrase).  

Some football first school like penn state but I'm not sure he would go to Penn State even if offered.  

I thought he would do well at a place like DePaul or a Providence.

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

If Pitt does away with Stallings I could see him there.  He really doesn't have to be in a hurry and he himself has said it will have to be a perfect fit(paraphrase).  

Some football first school like penn state but I'm not sure he would go to Penn State even if offered.  

Pitt seems like the perfect type of place for a Crean. It’s not a school with incredibly high expectations, but if you get it rolling there you can be a perennial top 25 team. 

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Pitt seems like the perfect type of place for a Crean. It’s not a school with incredibly high expectations, but if you get it rolling there you can be a perennial top 25 team. 

No way.  Crean's next job will be at a championship caliber program.   He deserves such and will settle for nothing less.

The visuals from Crean's teams the last few years are going to be hard to overcome. Matador defense and lots of turnovers is not a good resume.

Crean plays a high risk high reward style of play. I think that if he were to be hired again, he would be best fit for a low expectations program that any improvements would be seen as a godsend 

Archived