Holiday Decorating/Celebrating

Thought I had already posted this, but guess not.

Since we don't have hemrhoids (my nickname for kids) we become the "go to" place for our friends to dog sit their critters during the holidays. I usually move into a neighbor's house while they drive to upstate NY, and take care of their dogs and cat from hell. The wife dog sits our dog, plus 1-2 others from friends while they are out of town too.

Dogs and Christmas trees don't get along well, especially with other dogs in the house staking out their "territory" if you know what I mean.

Kind of been the tradition for us for several years. So no decorations for us. ( Thank you Lord !! )

• Like 2

Don’t know if my video will work, but this is what I have after a few more days of decorating. Should be finished by Wednesday so that’s it’s up and running Friday night. I have 6 smaller inflatables not up in this video, and have a small Merry Christmas sign that I need to hang above the garage door. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Don’t know if my video will work, but this is what I have after a few more days of decorating. Should be finished by Wednesday so that’s it’s up and running Friday night. I have 6 smaller inflatables not up in this video, and have a small Merry Christmas sign that I need to hang above the garage door. 

What software/hardware do you use to sync your lights/music?

On 11/22/2022 at 6:49 PM, Naturalhoosier said:

What software/hardware do you use to sync your lights/music?

I use Orchestra of Lights that you get at Lowe’s. It’s easy to use, it has 6 plugins on the box, so you just plug whatever you want to sync it to. It has its own speaker so that’s how the music plays. 

I have a wireless hub that I can syncs to my phone to play music, but I’ve had issues getting that to connect. However, the box is great and makes me look like I know what I’m doing :) lol

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Worked with a girl that had neighbors like you. She said they had to get black out curtains and white noise for the toddler. Otherwise he wouldn’t fall asleep!

I turn the music off every night by 9pm. Also, I’m very honest with my neighbors to come tell me if there’s any issues. No complaints and everyone seems to love it. Some told me to turn the music up louder lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Super cool! You will have people stopping to enjoy for sure. 

Thanks and definitely have people driving by to come see it already. Felt bad because some tried stopping by last night and of course had electrical issues (shocked, I know). Going to get some extra juice and get them going again in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I turn the music off every night by 9pm. Also, I’m very honest with my neighbors to come tell me if there’s any issues. No complaints and everyone seems to love it. Some told me to turn the music up louder lol.

Although the story is true, I’m just messing with you. Awesome job. I remember we had a plant in South Carolina. My friend took me when I was there to visit to one of those neighborhoods. The most awesome part was when we came over the ridge, you could see the whole neighborhood glowing below!

Edited by Drroogh

23 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Any plans to transmit the music to a lower frequency FM station?

I remember a couple of my electrical engineer frat brothers built an FM radio transmitter on a 2*2” circuit board. This was early 70’s, we would drive around the block to listen to their playlist!

• Haha 1