Dylan Harper Commits to Rutgers

tdhoosier

15 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

On his official this weekend. This would be an interesting and to me a humorous get. Come on!!!!

Curious why this weekend? Hopefully he got here early to experience the Hall Thursday. Glad Mother Nature chipped in some snow as well. Call me whatever on this recruitment. Obviously elite level talent but his older bro stuff....I don't know.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Curious why this weekend? Hopefully he got here early to experience the Hall Thursday. Glad Mother Nature chipped in some snow as well. Call me whatever on this recruitment. Obviously elite level talent but his older bro stuff....I don't know.

Might be a tough get but the visit suggests strong interest and being intrigued.  Regardless of some of the peripheral stuff (his brother), players want to go where they will develop and get better.  IU is showing itself to be a good opportunity to get better.  Woody’s immense NBA background is huge.  Look at his defense. It’s flat out working and will translate to NBA principles.  You will get good competition in practice.  You’re going to get better and optimize pro exposure and potential.  Recruits know that.  

I am not saying we will get him because I have no idea.  But I think we have a chance to prove our case for legit consideration. I bet his dad and Woody have mutual respect and that might have an impact because Ron will know the principles Woody will teach and their importance.  Ron also knows very well what a big deal IU basketball is.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

He isnt his brother. Judge him on what he does. My brother is 2 years older than i am. I'm glad I wasnt judged by who he is.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Might be a tough get but the visit suggests strong interest and being intrigued.

Along those lines:  we had two visitors this weekend.  6'11" Somto Cyril, who some expect to go straight to the NBA.  Current 2024, may reclassify to '23. 

Also a tough get, but he was on campus for an official. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2024-center-somto-cyril-currently-on-an-official-visit-at-indiana/

Edited by Madison22

• 1 month later...

Kenya Hunter watched Dylan recently.  As did Duke's entire staff.

Dylan scored 24 points against kids shorter and slower than he was.  FWIW.  If I didn't know he was a 5-star ranked #8 in his class - if I just wandered into the gym and saw this game with no background - I'd wonder what all the fuss was about.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-sends-assistant-to-watch-2024-5-star-guard-dylan-harper/

Edited by Madison22

43 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Kenya Hunter watched Dylan recently.  As did Duke's entire staff.

Dylan scored 24 points against kids shorter and slower than he was.  FWIW.  If I didn't know he was a 5-star ranked #8 in his class - if I just wandered into the gym and saw this game with no background - I'd wonder what all the fuss was about.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-sends-assistant-to-watch-2024-5-star-guard-dylan-harper/

I’m with you 

Newton has shown more imho 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I feel it’s Rutgers and the others are a distant 4. It would be great to land him but, who knows….. The way we have been playing and if we can stay consistent, we can look pretty good to a lot of kids.

I agree…the only way I could see it not be Rutgers is if he wants to blaze his own trail and not follow in big brothers footsteps which is always possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

That seems fair. For me, I’m tired of making top fives. 🤓

Me too. I think these kids like the mystery and drama of the chase. I would rather them say “Top 2”,  if I’m not one of those and I really liked the kid, I’m gonna work like heck to sneak in and change his tune. I love a good underdog story!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...