4/29-5/1 Illinois (H)

btownqb

Brehmer starts tomorrow. Worried about the pen tomorrow... someone like Mudungo or Stahl or both are going to have to give us some innings.  

Tucker threw 85 on Tuesday, so I think they save him for Sun... Bothwell could throw 1 or 2 tomorrow maybe? He threw 70 on Tuesday. 

Kraft is an option but was awful vs. NEB. 

Maybe it's just because we had guys enter draft. Maybe because the guys are young....but it seems or feels like the momentum Mercer had right after Lemonis left has been stopped. Maybe it was the covid seasons but upcoming off season seems very important to get that mo back. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe it's just because we had guys enter draft. Maybe because the guys are young....but it seems or feels like the momentum Mercer had right after Lemonis left has been stopped. Maybe it was the covid seasons but upcoming off season seems very important to get that mo back. 

Umm.. yeah. 

But in 2020 we were going to be veryyyy good again, we had already beaten ECU at ECU and had a couple of other good Ws. 

We didn't just replace a ton of pitching from last year--- this has been happening for 2 or 3 years-- Stiever, Milto, Herrin, Litwicki, Gordon, Sommer, Brown, Bierman, Saalfrank, Lloyd. 

Then Justin Parker left for South Carolina. 

But.. won the B1G in 2019, we were going to finish top 3 in 2020, 2021 we faltered at the end last year..  and we still tied for 4th last year at 26-18. 

This year has been rough, no doubt. 

The recruiting in 22, 23, 24, and 25 has mostly been very good. 

I think as long as we finish the season strong we should feel "ok". 

• Like 1

I'm always going to skew things positively @Seeking6 and the reality is... if we struggle next year, Mercers seat should be hot. 

But.. this isn't our basketball program. We aren't a power and to be real, it was absolutely a major accomplishment for us to not have a season like this in so long.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm always going to skew things positively @Seeking6 and the reality is... if we struggle next year, Mercers seat should be hot. 

But.. this isn't our basketball program. We aren't a power and to be real, it was absolutely a major accomplishment for us to not have a season like this in so long.  

Understand and I'm the same way for baseball as I am with football. I think Mercer's the guy the same way I think Allen is the guy which is why I give both a pass for this past year. With that said I'm hopeful Mercer and the guys finish strong. Chalk it up to a tough year and bounce back next....if we waffle around next year I could see people asking the why are we trending down on your watch not up. Just part of coaching.