MSU is in trouble

3 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

What parent would want their kid to attend MSU now?  Whoever takes over at Msu needs to flat out clean house.  That cloud/doubt will not go away until everyone is gone that knew and did nothing.   That disgusting POS Dr. Isn't the only person that should be thrown in jail.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

I work with a father of one of MSU recruit and I am going to ask him his thoughts on this situation on Monday.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the report on ESPN.  They even have a video of Payne saying Appling kept going after the girl said stop, and no punishment at all.   They have a massive problem up there, and I've lost all respect for Izzo.  Those coaches need to go as of yesterday, and there needs to be a complete investigation of every one involved in these accusations including police, university, DA, etc.  Pathetic.  What's that now, 3 schools in the Big Ten with massive sex crime issues?  Disgusting.

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

MSU plays at Maryland today. Maryland fans are going to crush Izzo. I have been to several games at UMD, their fans are crazy! 

Have to agree with you. They wear shirts with dirty words on them... and even start fires after wins.

But, I have to admit, they do have some fun :

Flash Mob beim College Basketball (Harlem Shake)

Maryland Students Flash Mob Part II (2014)

Maryland Students Flash Mob III (2015)

Heck.... IU can't even get a white out right. 

47 minutes ago, BGleas said:

MSU plays at Maryland today. Maryland fans are going to crush Izzo. I have been to several games at UMD, their fans are crazy! 

Oh nice.  Those fans don't hold back at all.  Idk if the players will get rattled but Izzo ain't heard nothing like he's gonna hear today.   And he deserves every bit of it.  An "Izzo knew..." chant maybe.  I wouldn't be surprised if they had posters with the victims names and pictures.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

52 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Just watched the report on ESPN.  They even have a video of Payne saying Appling kept going after the girl said stop, and no punishment at all.   They have a massive problem up there, and I've lost all respect for Izzo.  Those coaches need to go as of yesterday, and there needs to be a complete investigation of every one involved in these accusations including police, university, DA, etc.  Pathetic.  What's that now, 3 schools in the Big Ten with massive sex crime issues?  Disgusting.

I haven't seen this discussed much, so I will ask.  The Payne/Appling incident was reported to the police, who then decided not to pursue .  So are people suggesting that A) The East Lansing Police department is involved in the cover-up, or B) was there not enough evidence to make a case?  If we believe there wasn't enough evidence, how far can a coach or university go in terms of punishment?  I'm curious as to peoples thoughts on this.

20 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I haven't seen this discussed much, so I will ask.  The Payne/Appling incident was reported to the police, who then decided not to pursue .  So are people suggesting that A) The East Lansing Police department is involved in the cover-up, or B) was there not enough evidence to make a case?  If we believe there wasn't enough evidence, how far can a coach or university go in terms of punishment?  I'm curious as to peoples thoughts on this.

At times.... the local police force will keep things under wraps.  For the good of the University. Or if asked to, by the University.  I can say this happened with the Indiana State Patrol, in terms of at least one incident with Kevin Wilson.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

At times.... the local police force will keep things under wraps.  For the good of the University. Or if asked to, by the University.  I can say this happened with the Indiana State Patrol, in terms of at least one incident with Kevin Wilson.

Agreed, however it's a big jump to go from covering up a crime without a specific victim (PI or DUI with no accident) to sexual assault.

34 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Apparently the victim was interviewed by an assistant DA(who now works in the MSU title IX office) she broke down while answering questions and the asst DA said if you can’t handle me, you’ll never handle court. So the DA didn’t go forward with it.

4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Come on, we all know he is too salty to let his son go to IU. Plus Archie didn’t want him. 

All he said was that after they gained some commitments that Archie did not stay in touch with him.  They were told that their scholarship offer was still there but Archie pretty much backed off.  He was not salty at all and just being truthful about the perception of today's recruits toward IU.  Also I was just going to ask him about MSU and not whether or not they would look at IU.

55 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Oh nice.  Those fans don't hold back at all.  Idk if the players will get rattled but Izzo ain't heard nothing like he's gonna hear today.   And he deserves every bit of it.  An "Izzo knew..." chant maybe.  I wouldn't be surprised if they had posters with the victims names and pictures.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

“Resign Izzo” is what I would go with. 

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

Read the article mentioned at the beginning of the thread.  The police definitely were not involved in any cover-up as they recommended prosecution.  They interviewed Payne who said the lady wanted to go, but Appling wouldn't stop.  The lady said that the prosecutor said she wouldn't be a good witness, and they wouldn't pursue.  There was plenty of evidence especially against Appling.

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I think someone - his attorney or the MSU brass - is giving him a script and he's following it. Which I think just makes him look even worse. He's on borrowed time.

If that’s the case, it’s not a very good script.  He should at least have some kind of answer for why the manager left the program.

Archived