HSN Fantasy Football

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I know Tank Dell will be in my Top 5 WR to target in next year's fantasy drafts.

I got him and Noah Brown a few weeks ago in some fantasy leagues and have been playing both or the other in FanDuel the last two weeks. FanDuel finally got wise on Tank and moved his salary up past even Davante Adams or Mike Evans.

Amazing how much can change in a season. 

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I am 8-2-1 and have Mahomes. Banking on him turning it up some soon. The weather was a factor last night, for sure. 

Plus Chiefs playoff schedule is tasty. At New England in Week 15 (I guess weather could impact), and home games with Raiders and Bengals. Chiefs will be just fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I got him and Noah Brown a few weeks ago in some fantasy leagues and have been playing both or the other in FanDuel the last two weeks. FanDuel finally got wise on Tank and moved his salary up past even Davante Adams or Mike Evans.

Amazing how much can change in a season. 

I'm feeling a Burrow-Chase type connection with Stroud and Dell.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Goff has 3 turnovers, only 2TDs and still gets 27 in our league? 

2pt conversion, but sheesh. 

I’ve said it before…turnovers should stack exponentially. You shouldn’t be rewarded for losing the game for your team just because you rack up some garbage time stats after throwing multiple picks or have turnovers that result in defensive scores. Turnovers aren’t nearly as punitive as they should be. 

Edited by dgambill

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I’ve said it before…turnovers should stack exponentially. You shouldn’t be rewarded for losing the game for your team just because you rack up some garbage time stats after throwing multiple picks or have turnovers that result in defensive scores. Turnovers aren’t nearly as punitive as they should be. 

Then what do you do about QBs whose interceptions are cause by a ball that deflects off a receiver's hands?  Or, caused by a receiver running the wrong route?  It's never going to be a perfect system.  

• Like 2

Watching the Jets/Dolphins game today and when Zuerlein missed the first extra point, I thought to myself "I'm glad I dropped this bum' (he gave me 0.00 last week).  Just checked the Champions League scoreboard and damned if I didn't drop his ass after all.  I full intended to, not sure what happened.  Holiday week snafu.  Hope it does not come back to bite me.   

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Weeks like this make me hate Fantasy football

Bad beat or just the Allen stuff?

In terms of our league on here I'll just say this. @ephulphenomenal score again. I've been in leagues for 25 years. Only once that I can remember where I see the scoring differential from your team to rest of league. Shoot I think I have a pretty good team and you have me clear by 250 on the season. Awesome job!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

In terms of our league on here I'll just say this. @ephulphenomenal score again. I've been in leagues for 25 years. Only once that I can remember where I see the scoring differential from your team to rest of league. Shoot I think I have a pretty good team and you have me clear by 250 on the season. Awesome job!

Dumb luck. Most guys I have are having WAY better years than anticipated. Swift, Mostert, Keenan Allen, and Pittman have exceeded all expectations.

Minshew definitely helped Pittman's stats. I almost picked Jeff Wilson over Mostert. And I thought Swift would share touches WAY more. I thought Keenan Allen would be a solid 12 points. He's constantly going for 30-40.

9 minutes ago, ephul said:

Dumb luck. Most guys I have are having WAY better years than anticipated. Swift, Mostert, Keenan Allen, and Pittman have exceeded all expectations.

Minshew definitely helped Pittman's stats. I almost picked Jeff Wilson over Mostert. And I thought Swift would share touches WAY more. I thought Keenan Allen would be a solid 12 points. He's constantly going for 30-40.

I have pieces of Mostert and I'm the resident member of Keenan Allen fan club. Just kudos to you for the points no matter how it happened. To be up that big in a league it's only happened once for me.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just for Champions league that I lost by less than 6 points.

Ramondre 2 points short of bonus because their kicker missed short FG to send it to overtime.

Mahomes had two receivers get tackled at 1 yard line, only to see Pacheco (who my opponent had in HSN2) get a rushing TD on each instead.

Mahomes 4 yards short of bonus.

C. Kirk with 83 yards at half and can't get 17 more for bonus.

Kelce 9 yards short of bonus and no TD yet again.

My own fault for forgetting to replace Zuerlein and paying the price by getting a whopping 1 point from him.

All that and it still took 48 points or whatever from J. Allen for Kev to beat me.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just for Champions league that I lost by less than 6 points.

Ramondre 2 points short of bonus because their kicker missed short FG to send it to overtime.

Mahomes had two receivers get tackled at 1 yard line, only to see Pacheco (who my opponent had in HSN2) get a rushing TD instead.

Mahomes 4 yards short of bonus.

C. Kirk with 83 yards at half and can't get 17 more for bonus.

Kelce 9 yards short of bonus and no TD yet again.

My own fault for forgetting to replace Zuerlein and paying the price by getting a whopping 1 point from him.

All that and it still took 48 points or whatever from J. Allen for Kev to beat me.

Dang....that's a lot. I'm sitting here bit----- about me playing Herbert over Stroud once again and I have to sweat out a 17 point lead vs Herbert in my biggest $ league.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Put up a big number this week just to take a loss in HSN league. 

How many spots move down to other league? 

Also... I clinched my money league regular season title after last night. Jefferson on bye this week, I'd assume he's back for playoffs Week 1. 

In my biggest $ league I'm tied for first and clinched bye but it's been a weird year. In my 4 losses I've averaged 141 in defeat. I have the dubious honor of most points scored and scored against. Strange year though. Bunch of leagues are all bunched up. Lots of 7-5 and 6-6 records this year.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Top 6 stay in Champions League.  @dgambillgets to stay as well if he is not in Top 6 due to winning championship last season.

So, if you are not Top 6 or dgambill at end of season, you'll move down.

So it’s possible only 5 will move up?

How do we balance playoff seeding vs playoff performance if it isn’t the 6 playoff teams moving up?

Outside my dynasty leagues I’ve had an awful season this year…I’ve been top 4 scoring teams but also top 4 scored against…lost a lot of close games and will likely miss playoffs baring miracles this week. For me poor qb play mostly killed me. That and I’ve had bad luck with rotating my running backs…can’t seem to pick the right guy to start each week. HSN was by far my worst team…outside of AJ Brown no one has played up to their draft position. Picking at end of first rd didn’t do me any good. 

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

So it’s possible only 5 will move up?

How do we balance playoff seeding vs playoff performance if it isn’t the 6 playoff teams moving up?

It will be based on playoff performance.  

Now, if @Indykev (possible) or I (highly unlikely) finish in Top 6 in both leagues, it frees up another position since we can't have 2 teams in Champions.