HSN Fantasy Football

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Based on the final standings, after postseason, if we have the same 24 teams sign up next season, here is what the league distribution will look like.  

thanks again for playing and look for communication about next season sometime in mid-June.

HSN Champions League

@dgambill(Winner Champions League)

@btownqb(2nd CL)

@Seeking6(3rd CL)

@5fouls(4th CL)

@NotIThatLives(5th CL)

@mrflynn03(6th CL)

@Parakeet Jones(One-time non-qualifier exemption for winning CL last season)

@iuswingman(1st Place HSN2)

@ephul(2nd HSN2)

@ATX_sig(3rd HSN2)

@JaybobHoosier(4th HSN2)

@Indykev(5th HSN2)

HSN2 (Listed in order of promotion should CL league spot open up)

@B_A(6th place HSN2)

@Sagamore(7th place CL)

@5fouls(7th place HSN2; ineligible for promotion as already qualified another team for CL

@PAHoosier (8th place HSN2)

@tdhoosier(9th place CL)

@Billingsley99(9th place HSN2)

@rico(10th place CL)

@BeerBQ(10th place HSN2)

@Indykev(11th place CL; ineligible for promotion as already qualified another team for CL)

@KDB (11th place HSN2)

@KoB2011(12th place CL)

@trc(12th place HSN2)

Thanks again for organizing and posting results and doing pickem pools,etc.....a very valued board contributor.

Good luck to anyone still playing this week. Crap shoot week is upon us. I keep leaning Mattison, Walker, and Keyshaun Vaughn as my RB plays, Tyler Higbee as autolock on TE vs Seattle and if CMAC isn't going Eli or Mason as another RB

WR's....I think Buffalo and Cincy are going to light things up. I think Vikings get Jefferson the 194 after last week....otherwise good luck to those still playing. Still in one old school league. Full season. No playoffs. Best record wins. 

• Like 2

I follow this guy Sal Vetri on twitter for Fantasy Info. Some interesting stats coming out.

1) McKinnon wasn't drafted this year  but over final 4 weeks he was most productive RB

2) Walker was an average 8th round pick and produced more than Nick Chubb

3) Hockenson was a 7th round pick and only Kelce was more productive

4) Waddle was a 5th and ended up being 7th overall. 

5) Amon St Brown was a 6th round pick but when healthy he was top 5 WR

He pointed out several others as well.....lots of league winning moves after the 5th or 6th each year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I follow this guy Sal Vetri on twitter for Fantasy Info. Some interesting stats coming out.

1) McKinnon wasn't drafted this year  but over final 4 weeks he was most productive RB

He pointed out several others as well.....lots of league winning moves after the 5th or 6th each year.

I had St Brown last year in a keeper league and made the mistake of not keeping him this year.   Kept Bateman instead and he was injured for most of the season.

I had horrible luck in that league. 

- First round pick was Breece Hall.  Out for year at week 7

- Second Round pick was Trey Lance.  Out for year at week 2

We have a lot of keepers so this was with 9 rounds of keepers already off the board (108 players).

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1

After dominating the regular season in my ESPN keeper league (12-2), my team totally tanked in the 2 week championship round.

This week wasn't good, but I really lost it last week.  My entire team literally failed to show.  Just dug too big of a hole to dig out of.  And that was with no Bills or Bengals to hurt my score.

Oh well, I measure success more on regular season, especially since there was no money involved.  I had the best team and proved it over the course of the season.  I'm content with that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I had St Brown last year in a keeper league and made the mistake of not keeping him this year.   Kept Bateman instead and he was injured for most of the season.

I had horrible luck in that league. 

- First round pick was Breece Hall.  Out for year at week 7

- Second Round pick was Trey Lance.  Out for year at week 2

We have a lot of keepers so this was with 9 rounds of keepers already off the board (108 players).

Everyone has a strategy they prefer and with the league ever evolving in fantasy my zero RB approach has treated me very well for years. With that said that's because I always get Kelce. Who knows how much longer he has but one thing is true....there are just as many diamonds in the rough WR's in late rounds as RB's. I'll never go all in on RB in first 2 rounds but I might start trying to target one in round 3 moving forward. We'll see. 

Been a great year. 2 Firsts, 1 Second, and 3 3rds....not a bad run. Congrats to all the winners and look forward to next year. Gotta stop this 3rd place stuff.

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So what you are saying is every team in the league should fire their gm for massively whiffing for 5, 6, and 7 rounds for these guys :coffee:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

So what you are saying is every team in the league should fire their gm for massively whiffing for 5, 6, and 7 rounds for these guys :coffee:

I should find the whole list of others too. There were so many examples of late round adds. I always say draft night is your chassis but plenty of tinkering to do get the hotrod up to speed by end of year.

@dgambill; @btownqb; @Seeking6; @NotIThatLives; @mrflynn03; @Parakeet Jones@iuswingman; @ephul; @ATX_sig; @JaybobHoosier; @Indykev; @B_A; @Sagamore; @PAHoosier; @tdhoosier; @Billingsley99; @rico; @BeerBQ; @KDB; @KoB2011; @trc

Also adding @Steubenhoosier.  Even though he did not participate in the HSN leagues this year, he was active in this thread, which I appreciate. 

Hey guys, if you're like me and not ready for the Fantasy Football season to end, I thought of a cool HSN contest we can have for the playoffs. No formal Fantasy platform, just something I would manually track.  I'm limiting it to 6 of us (Me plus 5 of you).  So, the first 5 that respond in this thread that you are in will get to play.

Rules

• Select one free agent, per day, over 4 days, to acquire a team made up of the following positions (1 QB, 1 RB, 1WR, and 1 Non-QB Flex).
  • Selections will be first come first serve, a single selection each day.  An example using non-playoff teams would be (Tuesday - Josh Jacobs; Wednesday - Jared Goff; Thursday - Chris Olave; Friday - M. Pittman or Zach Moss, or Moe-Allie Cox
  • Earliest selection each day can be made at 12:01 A.M., but obviously if you want to wait until later that morning/afternoon/evening to make your selection that day you can. Please only one per day!  Your second choice in the same day will not be counted.  
  • Once a player is selected, he is off the board, and unavailable, for all other fantasy teams.  
  • You can select your positions in any order.
  • No more than 2 players from any single NFL team.  For example, you cannot have a team made up of Deshaun Watson, Nick Chubb, D. Njouku, and Devonte Adams.  But, if you substituted Kenny Pickett for Watson, you could still have the 2 other Browns on your roster.  Helpful Hint:  That team probably would not win since none of those teams are in the playoffs. 
  • Scoring will be the same as we had in our leagues that we just finished.  I will manually keep the scores, which should not be a problem for only 24 individual players, not all of whom will be playing each week.      
  • The winner will be determined by the team that scores the most CUMULATIVE points over 4 weeks.  So, if you firmly believe that the Giants will make the Super Bowl, you'll need to determine if you think 4 weeks of Daniel Jones is better than 1 or 2 weeks of Jalen Hurts.
  • Once your player is eliminated, you cannot replace him.  Your scoring for that position is over.  
  • Eagles and Chiefs players will not score Week 1 due to the bye.  You will need to factor that into building your 4-man roster.

Who wants in?   First 5 that respond get the spots.  We will still play if we get less than 6.

Any questions? 

Edit:  Daily selections would simply be made by posting in this thread that you want a specific player thatt is not already taken.   

Edited by 5fouls

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

@dgambill; @btownqb; @Seeking6; @NotIThatLives; @mrflynn03; @Parakeet Jones@iuswingman; @ephul; @ATX_sig; @JaybobHoosier; @Indykev; @B_A; @Sagamore; @PAHoosier; @tdhoosier; @Billingsley99; @rico; @BeerBQ; @KDB; @KoB2011; @trc

Also adding @Steubenhoosier.  Even though he did not participate in the HSN leagues this year, he was active in this thread, which I appreciate. 

Hey guys, if you're like me and not ready for the Fantasy Football season to end, I thought of a cool HSN contest we can have for the playoffs. No formal Fantasy platform, just something I would manually track.  I'm limiting it to 6 of us (Me plus 5 of you).  So, the first 5 that respond in this thread that you are in will get to play.

Rules

• Select one free agent, per day, over 4 days, to acquire a team made up of the following positions (1 QB, 1 RB, 1WR, and 1 Non-QB Flex).
  • Selections will be first come first serve, a single selection each day.  An example using non-playoff teams would be (Tuesday - Josh Jacobs; Wednesday - Jared Goff; Thursday - Chris Olave; Friday - M. Pittman or Zach Moss, or Moe-Allie Cox
  • Earliest selection each day can be made at 12:01 A.M., but obviously if you want to wait until later that morning/afternoon/evening to make your selection that day you can. Please only one per day!  Your second choice in the same day will not be counted.  
  • Once a player is selected, he is off the board, and unavailable, for all other fantasy teams.  
  • No more than 2 players from any single NFL team.  For example, you cannot have a team made up of Deshaun Watson, Nick Chubb, D. Njouku, and Devonte Adams.  But, if you substituted Kenny Pickett for Watson, you could still have the 2 other Browns on your roster.  Helpful Hint:  That team probably would not win since none of those teams are in the playoffs. 
  • Scoring will be the same as we had in our leagues that we just finished.  I will manually keep the scores, which should not be a problem for only 24 individual players, not all of whom will be playing each week.      
  • The winner will be determined by the team that scores the most CUMULATIVE points over 4 weeks.  So, if you firmly believe that the Giants will make the Super Bowl, you'll need to determine if you think 4 weeks of Daniel Jones is better than 1 or 2 weeks of Jalen Hurts.
  • Once your player is eliminated, you cannot replace him.  Your scoring for that position is over.  
  • Eagles and Chiefs players will not score Week 1 due to the bye.  You will need to factor that into building your 4-man roster.

Who wants in?   First 5 that respond get the spots.  We will still play if we get less than 6.

Any questions? 

Edit:  Daily selections would simply be made by posting in this thread that you want a specific player thatt is not already taken.   

I am very in.

Can we do a separate thread for just the draft? This thread could end up messy with other posts. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Rules

Any questions? 

Sounds like sort of a DFS. I’ll pass on this as I’ve already moved on to my basketball leagues. But would be fun to do a sort of Daily Fantasy League like we do. Not seen anything like that but do a salary cap weekly lineup would be fun addition. 

Think I’m going to try a best ball league next year. Too many times I draft a deep team but have issues playing the right player. Best ball would make it so I don’t have to worry about setting a lineup etc so would be little maintenance and stress.

15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Since games are Saturday, I assume draft will start tomorrow?

Yes.  Each of us will select one player each on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. 

If, for some reason, someone forgets to select a player on one of those days, makeup picks can be made Saturday morning, or technically until the last game starts on Monday as long as the selection is from a team that has not played yet.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sounds like sort of a DFS. I’ll pass on this as I’ve already moved on to my basketball leagues. But would be fun to do a sort of Daily Fantasy League like we do. Not seen anything like that but do a salary cap weekly lineup would be fun addition. 

Think I’m going to try a best ball league next year. Too many times I draft a deep team but have issues playing the right player. Best ball would make it so I don’t have to worry about setting a lineup etc so would be little maintenance and stress.

If you want to reconsider, it is really only 2 minutes of your time for 4 days to type a player's name in a thread.  You draft one set of 4 this week for the whole playoff run.  No management for anyone after that but for me in keeping score.

Edited by 5fouls

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you want to reconsider, it is really only 2 minutes of your time for 4 days to type a player's name in a thread.  You draft one set of 4 this week for the whole playoff run.  No management for anyone after that but for me in keeping score.

I suppose. Kinda survival league I suppose. Unless someone else wants to play. I won’t likely be able to post right at noon…but I’ll just take whatever I get. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I suppose. Kinda survival league I suppose. Unless someone else wants to play. I won’t likely be able to post right at noon…but I’ll just take whatever I get. 

Posting can occur any time from 1 minute after midnight to 11:59 pm.  I'm counting you in.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yes.  Each of us will select one player each on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. 

If, for some reason, someone forgets to select a player on one of those days, makeup picks can be made Saturday morning, or technically until the last game starts on Monday as long as the selection is from a team that has not played yet.

So do we have to wait for the league to fill to make our Tuesday pick or can I do that in 2 hours? 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

So do we have to wait for the league to fill to make our Tuesday pick or can I do that in 2 hours? 

You can make your first pick in two hours if you want.  We'll play with the 3 of us if no one else joins.  That said, if someone joins Wednesday morning, they can make their first pick that day while we are all making our second.  They would get their 2nd on Thursday when we pick our 3rd, their 3rd on Friday when we get our 4rth, and their 4th Saturday morning (or later as long as their player's game has not started yet).

Not joining now will put them at a disadvantage, but won't prevent them from playing.  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You can make your first pick in two hours if you want.  We'll play with the 3 of us if no one else joins.  That said, if someone joins Wednesday morning, they can make their first pick that day while we are all making our second.  They would get their 2nd on Thursday when we pick our 3rd, their 3rd on Friday when we get our 4rth, and their 4th Saturday morning (or later as long as their player's game has not started yet).

Not joining now will put them at a disadvantage, but won't prevent them from playing.  

I'm good either way, but why wouldn't we let them make picks to catch up if they join late instead of still one per day? 

If someone joined on Wednesday and we've all made two picks, they're already at a disadvantage even if they can make two picks on Wednesday right?