HSN Fantasy Football

Slightly off topic but since this thread is fantasy football I'll ask this question here. So I was invited into a league this past year. I know only one guy in the league. Bar/restaurant type league at dump in Indy that had someone bail last second so I stepped in.

How much time is enough to be a first time player who won to start sending out the where is my loot texts? I just assumed everyone is an adult. I paid my entry fee in August....but apparently the league is made up of degenerates....pull tab (whatever those are) crowd.

Our season ended the day after Christmas and my first place plus other league prizes still hasn't been paid. You guys think a month is long enough? It's not a $ deal only in this sense. I don't need the $ to pay my own obligations/responsibilities, etc.....but it's the annoyance of not being paid the $ that I rightfully won. The $ I won would provide 4 Monday Night meals to the homeless we do with our church. I think a month is long enough.

58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Slightly off topic but since this thread is fantasy football I'll ask this question here. So I was invited into a league this past year. I know only one guy in the league. Bar/restaurant type league at dump in Indy that had someone bail last second so I stepped in.

How much time is enough to be a first time player who won to start sending out the where is my loot texts? I just assumed everyone is an adult. I paid my entry fee in August....but apparently the league is made up of degenerates....pull tab (whatever those are) crowd.

Our season ended the day after Christmas and my first place plus other league prizes still hasn't been paid. You guys think a month is long enough? It's not a $ deal only in this sense. I don't need the $ to pay my own obligations/responsibilities, etc.....but it's the annoyance of not being paid the $ that I rightfully won. The $ I won would provide 4 Monday Night meals to the homeless we do with our church. I think a month is long enough.

Yes, make them pay you. Send them Venmo requests. I usually give that type of behavior a week.

Also... name and shame this dump. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes, make them pay you. Send them Venmo requests. I usually give that type of behavior a week.

Also... name and shame this dump. 

I've really tried to take the adult path. Funny thing is I started out 1-4 in their league but I knew my team was good but facing some obstacles but they thought they had a sucker. I've traded messages with owner of this Castleton/Fishers joint a few times like hey man...where are we at? Working on it is standard response.

My own fault I guess just thought adults would be adults. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've really tried to take the adult path. Funny thing is I started out 1-4 in their league but I knew my team was good but facing some obstacles but they thought they had a sucker. I've traded messages with owner of this Castleton/Fishers joint a few times like hey man...where are we at? Working on it is standard response.

My own fault I guess just thought adults would be adults. 

Ale Emporium? Please don’t tell me anything bad about them. 

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Ale Emporium? Please don’t tell me anything bad about them. 

Hahaha....Not Ale but Lord I could tell you stories about that crew. Just glad for the besides their own best efforts to suck at most things business wise they've made a small fortune. 

Sorry to derail thread guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Putting this in the thread in case some of you do not check your messages.  For all those that played in the HSN Fantasy Football leagues last season, check your Message Box.

@dgambill; @btownqb; @Seeking6; @NotIThatLives; @mrflynn03; @Parakeet Jones; @iuswingman' @ephul; @ATX_sig; @JaybobHoosier; @Indykev; @B_A; @Sagamore; @PAHoosier; @tdhoosier; @Billingsley99; @rico; @BeerBQ; @KDB; @KoB2011; @trc

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 6:13 PM, 5fouls said:

Based on the final standings, after postseason, if we have the same 24 teams sign up next season, here is what the league distribution will look like.  

thanks again for playing and look for communication about next season sometime in mid-June.

HSN Champions League

@dgambill(Winner Champions League)

@btownqb(2nd CL)

@Seeking6(3rd CL)

@5fouls(4th CL)

@NotIThatLives(5th CL)

@mrflynn03(6th CL)

@Parakeet Jones(One-time non-qualifier exemption for winning CL last season)

@iuswingman(1st Place HSN2)

@ephul(2nd HSN2)

@ATX_sig(3rd HSN2)

@JaybobHoosier(4th HSN2)

@Indykev(5th HSN2)

HSN2 (Listed in order of promotion should CL league spot open up)

@B_A(6th place HSN2)

@Sagamore(7th place CL)

@5fouls(7th place HSN2; ineligible for promotion as already qualified another team for CL

@PAHoosier (8th place HSN2)

@tdhoosier(9th place CL)

@Billingsley99(9th place HSN2)

@rico(10th place CL)

@BeerBQ(10th place HSN2)

@Indykev(11th place CL; ineligible for promotion as already qualified another team for CL)

@KDB (11th place HSN2)

@KoB2011(12th place CL)

@trc(12th place HSN2)

Wanted to update everyone on where we stand.  As of this moment, I am waiting to hear from 2 of the Champions League qualifiers and 1 of the HSN2 qualifiers.  We have 1 HSN2 qualifier that has opted out (but offered to play if we were 1 short).

If 1 of the Champions qualifiers opts out, then, based on the quoted post, @B_Awill move up from HSN2.  If both of the remaining Champions qualifiers opts out, @Sagamorewould take the 2nd open CL slot.

All new joiners will be placed in the HSN2 league, regardless of if the opening is in Champions or HSN2.

Since we know we have to fill one slot, I will be posting a solicitation thread on the basketball board later today.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I might consider playing again, but if it means being solicited by @5fouls, that just seems a little slimy 😛😛

Steub, before I start the 'solicitation' thread, do you wish to claim the guaranteed open spot?  The other 3 spots are still in limbo waiting for decisions from those that participated last season.

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Steub, before I start the 'solicitation' thread, do you wish to claim the guaranteed open spot?  The other 3 spots are still in limbo waiting for decisions from those that participated last season.

Let the 3 decide, and if you have an odd number, I'll play. If two only play, and you can't get anyone else, then you should be good.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Let the 3 decide, and if you have an odd number, I'll play. If two only play, and you can't get anyone else, then you should be good.

Steub, if you dont mind, I'm going to go ahead and count you in.  Two of the 3 have decided not to play, and I'm almost certain that a 3rd will opt out as well.  So we're going to need at least 1 to even get to 10.  I'm still going to solicit others in an attempt to get to 12, but didnt want to take the spot from you that way.