2024 Asa Newell Commits to Georgia

gnet550

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

that wasn't what Woj reported ba few weeks ago.

I know, but Shams reported this, and I actually believe him more than Woj. That being said, they have said as "early" as 2024. I just have a hard time believing they would wait more than a couple of years. That would probably do more harm than good. I've read Woj saying "trades have taken place with the 19 are limit in mind" but that doesn't make a lot of sense imo. So a team wouldn't have traded a draft pick two years ago if they knew 2024 might be the first year an 18 year old can be drafted? That seems kinda silly. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, KDB said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-mailbag-upcoming-commits-sec-vs-big-12-battle-epic-showdown

More thoughts on his recruitment here. Appears that we have a very real chance. Growing that Montverde pipeline even more would be, um, very good for IU.

I'll say what I said in some other thread. When it comes to Montverde kids or honestly anyone we target hard the only reason a kid will choose another school is something out of our control. Foolish NIL deal or in this case proximity to home. Hard to compete with that but it seems like we've given them more than enough to chew on. 

1 hour ago, KDB said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-mailbag-upcoming-commits-sec-vs-big-12-battle-epic-showdown

More thoughts on his recruitment here. Appears that we have a very real chance. Growing that Montverde pipeline even more would be, um, very good for IU.

I’d like to see that Sasser vs Edy cage match!🤣

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Top one... 

Thank you. I hate not knowing how to pronounce these guys names. Just recently (Tues) during the IU baseball game they announced to IU players names, that I had never heard pronounced out loud..... I was completely off on how I thought you'd say them haha

Again, thank you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Thank you. I hate not knowing how to pronounce these guys names. Just recently (Tues) during the IU baseball game they announced to IU players names, that I had never heard pronounced out loud..... I was completely off on how I thought you'd say them haha

Again, thank you. 

Only reason I knew was from a character on "The Andy Griffith Show" Asa the old bank guard...

Educational TV for us older fellas 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Only reason I knew was from a character on "The Andy Griffith Show" Asa the old bank guard...

Educational TV for us older fellas 😉

He's the guy that loved Barney's bullet. Haha.

Back to this kid. He's exactly what we want in guys. Hope we land him. Even if he's one and done we just keep that Montverde pipeline growing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I had an accounting teach named Asa. He pronounced it, Ace A.

Sorry about the long page, i dont know why.

I've noticed on my phone if you hit (carriage) return without a space after the last character you typed, it will insert the return space (i.e. it will put more space between your text and the bottom of the response window) without the cursor moving from its position just to the right of that last character. If you put a space after the last character you type, then hit carriage return, it creates the return space and the cursor moves with it. 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1