Purdue Postgame Thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... IU finally finds a way to unlock their turnover issues. Yet... still can't overcome their free throw issues.  Improve their free throw issues... and IU beats PU.

Overall, I am proud of my Hoosiers.  Against a superior team, our Hoosiers came.... and competed. What's not to like about that ?

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So... IU finally finds a way to unlock their turnover issues. Yet... still can't overcome their free throw issues.  Improve their free throw issues... and IU beats PU.

Overall, I am proud of my Hoosiers.  Against a superior team, our Hoosiers came.... and competed. What's not to like about that ?

The loss especially a game we should have won.  To me there is no moral victories when we play Purdue

I'm just pointing out how many people spin things to fit what ever agenda they have on here. We hang with duke and we are great, we hang with Purdue and they are overrated. 

People on here constantly bash pork chop and he has earned it but don't deny that he made adjustments that helped win the game for them. Maybe when Archie has his players it will be different but as a roster iu has higher rated talent out of high school than this Purdue team does. Pretty sure htd had a huge post about it earlier this year.

I don't think Purdue will make a run in the tourney but to say Purdue is overrated right now is crazy. They have lost 2 games, shoot the three really well and have one big man that is a force.

Hopefully brighter days are ahead for iu but pork chop Jas won like 6 of the last 8 against us or something crazy like that.

I hope Archie works out but there are a ton of red flags in my head to go with a few bright spots.

12 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

Not a purdue troll but if it was so clear how did it not even get noticed by any of the coverage. On the replay they even said it was a good block and bad break. How red is the tint on your glasses.

Just admit that the better team won.

Be honest, when it mattered Archie got out coached again.

Out coached wtf. This crap again, already. Ugh.  No.. No he wasn't out coached. It's incredible you'd think so. Pretty sure the only goal tend that was called was when the ball had already hit the back board.. there's no arguing that. Did you happen to miss McRoberts mystery foul? 

1 minute ago, Riverrat said:

I'm just pointing out how many people spin things to fit what ever agenda they have on here. We hang with duke and we are great, we hang with Purdue and they are overrated. 

People on here constantly bash pork chop and he has earned it but don't deny that he made adjustments that helped win the game for them. Maybe when Archie has his players it will be different but as a roster iu has higher rated talent out of high school than this Purdue team does. Pretty sure htd had a huge post about it earlier this year.

I don't think Purdue will make a run in the tourney but to say Purdue is overrated right now is crazy. They have lost 2 games, shoot the three really well and have one big man that is a force.

Hopefully brighter days are ahead for iu but pork chop Jas won like 6 of the last 8 against us or something crazy like that.

I hope Archie works out but there are a ton of red flags in my head to go with a few bright spots.

We will be sure to consult you before the next hire. 30 years from now.... 

Also... you say he was out coached, give examples how he was out coached and what you would have done differently. Until then, your claims are meaningless. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The loss especially a game we should have won.  To me there is no moral victories when we play Purdue

I agree that this was a game IU should have won.  Oh... those free throws.  Yet, we competed.  With a decimated squad.  No... I am proud of how my Hoosiers showed up for a game, that I am sure many of us would have considered a blow out against the number three team in the nation.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I agree that this was a game IU should have won.  Oh... those free throws.  Yet, we competed.  With a decimated squad.  No... I am proud of how my Hoosiers showed up for a game, that I am sure many of us would have considered a blow out against the number three team in the nation.

I would only change one word in your post. Should to be replaced by could.

Just now, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I would only change one word in your post. Should to be replaced by could.

I can live with that.

As far as Archie being out coached in this game. I think he was the superior coach... who was saddled with lesser talent.  IMHO.... Archie showed he was "The Man"... especially at the start of the game.... and in the first half.  Unfortunately for Archie.... talent won out against him. 

What adjustments did Archie make in crunch time?

Painter called time outs and went offense for defense with haarms/haas. 

Archie could have done the same with Morgan and someone else to help guard haas in the last several minutes. 

Archie had a great game plan that worked but down the stretch Purdue dictated matchup and not iu. 

The only thing he could have done different is use his timeouts to adjust the lineup to protect morgan.

13 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

Are you really trying to spin this game into Painter getting more out of his players than Archie? Wooooooow. 

1 minute ago, Riverrat said:

What adjustments did Archie make in crunch time?

Painter called time outs and went offense for defense with haarms/haas. 

Archie could have done the same with Morgan and someone else to help guard haas in the last several minutes. 

Archie had a great game plan that worked but down the stretch Purdue dictated matchup and not iu. 

The only thing he could have done different is use his timeouts to adjust the lineup to protect morgan.

I think you answered your own question, as I said in the game thread it was not coaching adjustments, it was execution!

36 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You are talking about the goal tend that gave us 57? The ball was in the cylinder and the backboard was smacked and shook. That's an easy call. 

The better team did win, but you're sitting here talking about how great Painter is and even going as far as to dispute PU is the more talented team just to make Painter look good. 

Nice post.

With all the talk about officiating, Purdue will really be in for some trouble in the NCAA tournament from getting too used to Big Ten refs. Haas was camping out in the paint for sometimes as much as 8 seconds on offense without being called

As for Archie, I think he is showing he will be successful. Given a little better talent and deeper bench he will dominate. Only beef with his in game strategy was getting Morgan on Haas at the end when McSwain was doing better on him.

We will win these type of games next year!

Archived