Collectibles

Indykev

15 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Found this today at a local antique store here in Delaware. I had to pick it up. 

I Googled "Purdue basketball national champion memorabilia" and all that comes up are pictures of Indiana's NC teams beating Purdue. 

Which means the closest Purdue has ever come to a national championship was when they were on the court losing to Indiana University. 

Ouch.  That's gotta sting.

purdue hsn 2 L.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I Googled "Purdue basketball national champion memorabilia" and all that comes up are pictures of Indiana's NC teams beating Purdue. 

Which means the closest Purdue has ever come to a national championship was when they were on the court losing to Indiana University. 

Ouch.  That's gotta sting.

purdue hsn 2 L.JPG

That's funny... I got this for both Purdue and Illinois...

1322385980_giphy(4)(2).gif.ba49d854eb145d0594c090a08f5592f8.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have a friend that is a purdue football fan. They are very fond of their 2000 big ten championship and subsequent loss in the rose bowl. There is memorabilia he has that says 2001 rose bowl but conveniently leaves the score off. lol

*notice how I don't capitalize anything that has to do with purdue. 

• Like 3

AA24390E-683C-4109-BD8C-0C72939EA8EE.thumb.jpeg.ae01b1a9ed1056da0d08619e6334f0b3.jpeg

Two more for the collection, though this Northwoods is going to be a user. It’s my first Northwoods (Gladstone, MI) knife and I like how it’s more of a rough unfinished blade of carbon steel. 

The one with the acorn shield is an older 2008 Great Eastern Cutlery knife. Actually paid a bit more than I wanted for it on Ebay, but absolutely fell in love with the aggressive jigging on the bone covers. Both are in the 3.75 inches size, which I like for pocket carrying. 

• Like 4

On 10/1/2022 at 3:37 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Wife doesn't know it yet but she's getting me a gunstock war club for Christmas for my collection. If not I'll have it sent to myself. 

s-l400.jpg.38e7c10093f42bdf4b734a9cbffda8ac.jpg

So I didn't get it for Christmas.  But, it was on sale for $35 so I ordered it and will have it next Thursday.  The blade is steel but the stock is synthetic.  Whatever, I just need it. Now I can feel like a Mohican. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

It has arrived. MUCH better quality than I expected.  Doesn't even feel like it's made out of polymer.

20230126_142453.thumb.jpg.66e345c47c83068982989cbe9ae00c65.jpg

So the blade is the part stuck in the wood it looks like? The rest is poly?  I think from now on when I see you posting, I’m  going to picture you running up to the computer with this in your outstretched hand. RAWR! 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

So the blade is the part stuck in the wood it looks like? The rest is poly?  I think from now on when I see you posting, I’m  going to picture you running up to the computer with this in your outstretched hand. RAWR! 

Yeah, it's a triangle shaped carbon steel blade. The body is injection molded polypropylene.  The blade appears to be molded into it. Much more solid than I was expecting.

On a nicer day I'll take it out back and give it a throw. I have a target board set up on my fence for knife throwing. 

My wife's been wanted to go axe throwing. I may have to buy a throwing axe set for home now. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yeah, it's a triangle shaped carbon steel blade. The body is injection molded polypropylene.  The blade appears to be molded into it. Much more solid than I was expecting.

On a nicer day I'll take it out back and give it a throw. I have a target board set up on my fence for knife throwing. 

My wife's been wanted to go axe throwing. I may have to buy a throwing axe set for home now. 

Ha, the axe throwing was big a couple of years ago here. Lots of places where you could drink and throw axes. Which kind of seemed like a bad combo to me. 

Edited by Lostin76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of Case knives and a couple Great Eastern Cutlery knives added lately. Couldn’t resist using SZA’s magazine cover story as background. 

The Case knife on top is a Eureka Jack collaboration between Case and Tony Bose - incredible tolerances and the jigging on the brown bone is so nice. 

What I’m finding about exploring these knives is that there in such an incredible and rich history of these cutlery companies. For a history nerd like me, this is catnip.

When I was a kid I always just had a Case knife in my pocket (most likely a Canoe with the Indian Chief etching on the blade), but never thought anything about it. It was just a knife and if I lost it, I would have to buy another one with my meager allowance or paper route money. 

EBC74A27-DFD6-4C55-98AD-F0F09E4ACED2.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Indykev said:

2 new cards to the collection. Peyton Manning flawless autograph, Value $500. Card 16 of 25.  Michael Pittman rookie card jersey patch. 72 of 99. Value maybe $15

IMG_20230225_124809021.jpg

IMG_20230225_125248533.jpg

My step brother made a huge mistake way back when and when I see your cards,etc...do you have to notify your insurance each time for the good stuff? Separate rider or whatever they call them? Cool stuff.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My step brother made a huge mistake way back when and when I see your cards,etc...do you have to notify your insurance each time for the good stuff? Separate rider or whatever they call them? Cool stuff.

I have a massive gun safe i keep important things in. There is a sports card auction site I go to its called What not. Cards start at a dollar. great site. Some do case breaks is how I got these two cards. This was a team auction. If you were the high bid, you gave them a number from 1 to how ever many teams were left, the teams were on cards. My number i guessed turned over the Colts. So every Colts card pulled I won. I paid 160.00 to get in the auction. some paid $400.00. Last night I watched a $20,000 Trevor Lawrence card get pulled from a pack. Crazy stuff. I just talked to a dealer who thinks this Manning card is worth $1000, because the card number is 16/25 which matches his jersey number. Important to collectors I guess.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I have a massive gun safe i keep important things in. There is a sports card auction site I go to its called What not. Cards start at a dollar. great site. Some do case breaks is how I got these two cards. This was a team auction. If you were the high bid, you gave them a number from 1 to how ever many teams were left, the teams were on cards. My number i guessed turned over the Colts. So every Colts card pulled I won. I paid 160.00 to get in the auction. some paid $400.00. Last night I watched a $20,000 Trevor Lawrence card get pulled from a pack. Crazy stuff. I just talked to a dealer who thinks this Manning card is worth $1000, because the card number is 16/25 which matches his jersey number. Important to collectors I guess.

Good stuff. I've always enjoyed card collecting but nothing like this. Didn't even know sites like that existed. I've got my good stuff in a safe but I actually had to notify my insurance company of value just in case flood, fire,etc....

My step brother basically had nothing in his life except his cards. Been collecting since the 70's. His apartment complex was on fire and he was staying in a burning building to protect his cards because they weren't insured. Lost all of them. Basically any rookie or valuable card from 75-90 he had. 

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...