NCAAF/National Scene

rico

Florida QB recruit asks out of LOI after Gator Collective backs out of NIL deal. 

Rashada’s commitment to the Gators was contingent on a four-year, $13 million NIL deal he signed with the Gator Collective, according to The Associated Press. 

The Gator Collective is a "fan club that connects athletes with fans while allowing the athletes to earn compensation for their name, image, and likeness." 

On Dec. 7, Rashada reportedly received a letter from the head of the Gator Collective wishing to terminate the deal, catching the Florida football program off guard. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/top-florida-recruit-requests-release-from-letter-intent-after-massive-nil-deal-falls-through-report

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Florida QB recruit asks out of LOI after Gator Collective backs out of NIL deal. 

Rashada’s commitment to the Gators was contingent on a four-year, $13 million NIL deal he signed with the Gator Collective, according to The Associated Press. 

The Gator Collective is a "fan club that connects athletes with fans while allowing the athletes to earn compensation for their name, image, and likeness." 

On Dec. 7, Rashada reportedly received a letter from the head of the Gator Collective wishing to terminate the deal, catching the Florida football program off guard. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/top-florida-recruit-requests-release-from-letter-intent-after-massive-nil-deal-falls-through-report

SMH......me, me and more about me!

26 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

24 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

SMH......me, me and more about me!

True, but it also sounds like the Collective may have written a check it couldn’t cash

10 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

And I wonder about the legalities of signing a deal with a kid and then trying to back out of it.  I suspect we’ll find out soon.

Right, but if this is accurate, it would directly violate NCAA NIL rules. Not that anyone would enforce it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Right, but if this is accurate, it would directly violate NCAA NIL rules. Not that anyone would enforce it. 

Just crazy. These posts in this thread are first I'd heard of it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 11:40 PM, DC2345 said:

The hype around Tommy Rees was always greater than the results he has Had at ND.

It has absolutely nothing to do with money. Rees wants the head coaching job at ND one day, and he can’t do that by following Kelly to LSU, nor can he do that by being an OC at ND. He needs growth and experience from different experiences to make himself a viable candidate to be the head guy at ND. He’s a very smart dude, so he knows his path was limited by mostly hanging around ND. He will now learn from the best coach of our era for sure. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Clemson and FSU unhappy with ACC.

Could this lead to the potential for more realignment?

Been going on for years. Not sure how big the SEC wants to actually be but some of these ACC teams especially in football would run to the SEC in a second. Shoot if the Big 10 is going to take USC and UCLA why not just scoop up FSU, Miami,etc....too. Haha.

• Like 1

Deion Sanders taking some heat for his recruiting approach from people who know nothing about building a football program. Several have weighed in on Twitter and elsewhere. 

“Well, we have different attributes. Smart, tough, fast, disciplined with character,” Sanders said. “Now, quarterbacks are different. We want mother, father. Dual-parent. We want that kid to be a 3.5 [GPA] and up because he has to be smart. Not bad decisions off the field at all. Because he has to be a leader of men and so many different attributes in what we look for when we see a quarterback.”

Coach Prime likes to have a quarterback whose father coached football, which got an amused smile from Eisen, considering Sanders’ son Shedeur will be the quarterback for the Buffaloes in the 2023 season. 

The NFL Hall of Famer has similar criteria when recruiting offensive linemen.

“Different positions are different,” Sanders said. “Like O-linemen, I look for dual-parent homes. A strong father that they adhere to. Smart kid, at least 3.3 [GPA] and above. Tough, physical.”

But on the the defensive side of the ball, the coach looks for a different set of characteristics, and a different family situation.

“Defensive lineman is totally opposite,” Sanders said. “Single mama, trying to get it. He’s on free lunch. I’m talking about just trying to make it. He’s trying to rescue mama. Like, mama barely made the flight, and I just want him to go get it.”

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/deion-sanders-prefers-qbs-from-dual-parent-households-single-mama-homes-for-defensive-linemen-when-recruiting/amp/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Deion Sanders taking some heat for his recruiting approach from people who know nothing about building a football program. Several have weighed in on Twitter and elsewhere. 

“Well, we have different attributes. Smart, tough, fast, disciplined with character,” Sanders said. “Now, quarterbacks are different. We want mother, father. Dual-parent. We want that kid to be a 3.5 [GPA] and up because he has to be smart. Not bad decisions off the field at all. Because he has to be a leader of men and so many different attributes in what we look for when we see a quarterback.”

Coach Prime likes to have a quarterback whose father coached football, which got an amused smile from Eisen, considering Sanders’ son Shedeur will be the quarterback for the Buffaloes in the 2023 season. 

The NFL Hall of Famer has similar criteria when recruiting offensive linemen.

“Different positions are different,” Sanders said. “Like O-linemen, I look for dual-parent homes. A strong father that they adhere to. Smart kid, at least 3.3 [GPA] and above. Tough, physical.”

But on the the defensive side of the ball, the coach looks for a different set of characteristics, and a different family situation.

“Defensive lineman is totally opposite,” Sanders said. “Single mama, trying to get it. He’s on free lunch. I’m talking about just trying to make it. He’s trying to rescue mama. Like, mama barely made the flight, and I just want him to go get it.”

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/deion-sanders-prefers-qbs-from-dual-parent-households-single-mama-homes-for-defensive-linemen-when-recruiting/amp/

I never mind plain talk and that's all this is. If people take offense don't go to the program. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, at least nobody got shot.  Seriously, this is just "business" as usual in the SEC.

• rico changed the title to 2023 NCAAF/National Scene