NCAAF/National Scene

rico

I stayed up and watched the entire game. I came away with two observations that sort of stood out to me.

1. I was impressed with Purdue's passing game and receivers vs. a Penn St. defense.
  2. I was unimpressed with Penn St.'s overall play. 

Purdue looked to be the better team the majority of the game and controlled the clock until it was most important.

Penn St. looked sluggish, uncomfortable and played catch up the entire game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I stayed up and watched the entire game. I came away with two observations that sort of stood out to me.

1. I was impressed with Purdue's passing game and receivers vs. a Penn St. defense.

Purdue looked to be the better team the majority of the game and controlled the clock until it was most important.

I saw a tweet that Purdue won 56 minutes but the 4 minutes they lost were catastrophic and I think that pretty much sums up what happened. Purdue outgained them but was just gassed at the end when they gave up the winning TD. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I agree.

You know what else is crazy about Purdue's schedule? Brohm has faced Michigan 1 time in 6 seasons. Purdue was supposed to play at Michigan in 2020, but the shortened schedule erased it. Under the current format, Brohm could go into his 10th season at Purdue having never coached a game in the Big House. 

It's honestly amazing how much the divisions have helped Purdue. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Then there are a lot of big losses using that criteria lol. 

You in damage control or what? But ya your right there are a lot of big PU losses over the last decade..last night 4th quarter blown lead was just another one. I’d be ticked.. I’m still mad about the Cincinnati game last year. Seemed like that really shifted the momentum of the season when they ejected Micah. 
pretty much a must win tonight for IU… 11th toughest schedule in nation. If we don’t win tonight not looking good 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I saw a tweet that Purdue won 56 minutes but the 4 minutes they lost were catastrophic and I think that pretty much sums up what happened. Purdue outgained them but was just gassed at the end when they gave up the winning TD. 

All that sums up the earmarkings of a "we pissed that one away" game.

12 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

You in damage control or what? But ya your right there are a lot of big PU losses over the last decade..last night 4th quarter blown lead was just another one. I’d be ticked.. I’m still mad about the Cincinnati game last year. Seemed like that really shifted the momentum of the season when they ejected Micah. 
pretty much a must win tonight for IU… 11th toughest schedule in nation. If we don’t win tonight not looking good 

Not really. I’ve already moved on lol. It’s a football game. 

6 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I expect nothing less from a PU fan that has never won a national championship… very good at handling disappointment 

You do realize I root for teams that have won championships right? I treat every team I root for the same way. It’s just a game at the end of the day. But to each their own. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I agree. I’d add that Purdue’s tackling was pretty bad. 

I though Clifford came out pretty rusty then got a little more comfortable in the second quarter. After the injury he was pretty bad until the last drive. 

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

I agree. I’d add that Purdue’s tackling was pretty bad. 

I though Clifford came out pretty rusty then got a little more comfortable in the second quarter. After the injury he was pretty bad until the last drive. 

Jmo.. hard to mention PUs and not Penn Sts skilled players/DBs LBers making PUs look silly in the open field.  PSUs DBs drop ppl. 

I think Penn St has big time talent in those position groups. That sequence of plays before half illustrated that a bit.. imo. 

10 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

I think that freshman they have is legit…think he should start for them. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Drew Allar a 5* QB freshmen. 

I really really liked him. He moved naturally in the pocket. Effortless thrower….didn’t shrink in the pocket…stepped up. Clifford had several throws where he was backpedaling and not getting enough on it…and I think his size caused him to air mail that int. I think the Aller kid will be playing on Sundays.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I really really liked him. He moved naturally in the pocket. Effortless thrower….didn’t shrink in the pocket…stepped up. Clifford had several throws where he was backpedaling and not getting enough on it…and I think his size caused him to air mail that int. I think the Aller kid will be playing on Sundays.

Yeah, I think he should start. In his short stint last night he has a strong arm but it's paired with a soft touch at the same time. 

He had everything from an arm strength perspective, yet the ball still dropped softly into relievers hands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I think he should start. In his short stint last night he has a strong arm but it's paired with a soft touch at the same time. 

He had everything from an arm strength perspective, yet the ball still dropped softly into relievers hands. 

Yeah his receiver dropped that perfect pass he dropped in over the lb and in front of the safety…it was a beauty. But he just looked to have it. Still hard to take out a 6 year senior qb or whatever they have.

• Like 1

There might have been 10,000 at UCLA game yesterday and that's being generous. Before the there's more to do out West crowd chimes let me say this. I agree....but you have 357 other days of the year to go to the beach, mountains, hike, bike, fish,etc....and I also know it's hot out there. Try those temps with humidity and that's what most of the South plays in this month and still fills their stadiums.

UCLA can't wait to join the Big for the $ because it's obvious their product is so bad nobody wants to attend.

Rose Bowl.jpg

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There might have been 10,000 at UCLA game yesterday and that's being generous. Before the there's more to do out West crowd chimes let me say this. I agree....but you have 357 other days of the year to go to the beach, mountains, hike, bike, fish,etc....and I also know it's hot out there. Try those temps with humidity and that's what most of the South plays in this month and still fills their stadiums.

UCLA can't wait to join the Big for the $ because it's obvious their product is so bad nobody wants to attend.

Rose Bowl.jpg

Is this a pic of the student section?