Candid Coaches

Drroogh

3 hours ago, rico said:

Hard to leave things alone when there is a perceived bigger cash cow with changes.

I would almost guarantee that if they keep out the small teams in the tournament it will effect viewership of the tournament.  I think it would hurt with the casual fan who only pays attention to college basketball during the tournament.

29 minutes ago, rico said:

You are lucky I am not on the tourney committee then. Lol

How I look at is that the conference tournaments are the sectional and the winners go on to the regionals plus the next 34 best teams. To me they have changed enough to the tournament with the play in games because I feel that 64 is the perfect number.  Once again greed caused the playing games once they expanded to 32 conferences from 30 conferences. The big conferences didn't want to give up any at large bids so they made the play in games.

32 minutes ago, rico said:

You are lucky I am not on the tourney committee then. Lol

Also logistically it would almost be impossible to do it.  If they allowed every team in it how would they determine who played who and where.  They probably do it by you region which is your conferences so that is the same as your conference tournaments.  If they allowed every team in what purpose does the conference have then