NCAAF: Week #1

rico

11 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I'm expecting a win for LSU.  Kelly's been successful everywhere he's gone.  They're playing at home and my guess is he will have them ready.  Won't be perfect or easy, but I think they'll find a way to win.

Kelly better win and it would probably be best if it was done in convincing fashion or the natives might get restless!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Probably more like the end of the first or middle of the second quarter. Not impressed at all with Allen and the Hoosiers. 

Are you being serious? There isn't a D-1 team in the country who would put in their second unit that early in a game. Especially a team like OSU, who is going to run it up on as many teams as possible to enhance their CFP ranking. 

OSU's second string is probably as good as some Big Ten teams' first units. If we score more than 10 in that game, I don't care how we get it, or who it comes against. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rico said:

Kelly better win and it would probably be best if it was done in convincing fashion or the natives might get restless!

I’ve wondered what Kelly might be able to do with a decent qb…it’s the problem ND has had for a long time…why they can’t get a legit pro caliber qb in there is beyond me. With the playmakers he should have down there should be no excuse.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Bad decisions by the Illinois coaches gave us the win. We won't have other coaches making those types of decisions against us.

Wish I felt differently but after almost 60 years of rooting for them I am a little bit skeptical.

Frost might still be coaching Nebraska when we play them 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rico said:

The natives have, from what I've read, embraced the slimy son of a gun...so their restlessness be damned, I can imagine ole Brian saying.   😋

Edited by jv1972iu

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I know you are joking, but the funny thing is my wife was checking some LSU page she follows at halftime and said folks are already getting restless. Some saying he was a mistake, some saying he needs to switch QBs. 

LSU has done nothing since their opening drive.