WKU pregame

Week 1 was week 1 stuff. Brand new starter against a Big 10 opponent. Expected some ups and downs. Week 2....sorry....that weather just played a factor and we got the W vs a team who played Washington St (who beat Wiscy) to a one possession game. 

This week?  The sky will be blue and temps awesome....yet why am I nervous? I'm still looking for those 2-3 possessions in a row each half of catch/throw, moving the ball how we want to move it not the old archaic phrase of take what they give you,etc...

I've got us in another close but I'm hoping our secondary is the key here. IU 34 WKU 26

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Week 1 was week 1 stuff. Brand new starter against a Big 10 opponent. Expected some ups and downs. Week 2....sorry....that weather just played a factor and we got the W vs a team who played Washington St (who beat Wiscy) to a one possession game. 

This week?  The sky will be blue and temps awesome....yet why am I nervous? I'm still looking for those 2-3 possessions in a row each half of catch/throw, moving the ball how we want to move it not the old archaic phrase of take what they give you,etc...

I've got us in another close but I'm hoping our secondary is the key here. IU 34 WKU 26

I'm an eternal optimist, but I think we will resemble the team we saw in the third quarter against Idaho more and more as the season goes on.

There's a lot of new pieces that are coming together, and that was the heaviest rainfall we've seen for a game in years. I think it was even heavier in the first half than it was against UVA a few years ago.

I mean, look what happened in the Bears game last week. I'm a Bears fan, but the 49ers would have won that game in better weather.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The key to the game is Bazelak. He's been missing passes I assume he normally makes. He needs to tighten up some of the throws, ironically by relaxing a bit. He seems like he's playing a little tense or rushed.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

The key to the game is Bazelak. He's been missing passes I assume he normally makes. He needs to tighten up some of the throws, ironically by relaxing a bit. He seems like he's playing a little tense or rushed.  

Is it a product of poor protection and having to hurry?  Not having quite enough time?  I haven't seen either game is why I'm asking.

Edited by jv1972iu

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Is it a product of poor protection and having to hurry?  Not having quite enough time?  I haven't seen either game is why I'm asking.

Lots, lots of things. OG is right, CB gotta be at least somewhat better... but week 1 there were drops, poor protection as well. 

Week 2... big time rain for a bit and poor play. 

dropped passes are just 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

We dropped a 30 yard TD tonight. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

I thought the game was on the big ten network. They have the big ten tailgate at IU but my listings show SIU @ NW on all the Big ten channels. Do I need to scramble to find something online? 

Never mind. Looks like it might be on the overflow channel, Comcast 1314 for me. 

Edited by Reacher

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I thought the game was on the big ten network. They have the big ten tailgate at IU but my listings show SIU @ NW on all the Big ten channels. Do I need to scramble to find something online? 

Never mind. Looks like it might be on the overchannel, Comcast 1314 for me. 

Weird.  On Direct TV, The IU game is the main game and NW is the overflow.