Archie

5fouls

7 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

(3) Sure a lot of defections.  I'm suspicious of having so many players that aren't locks for the lottery or even first round deciding to flee.  I have to wonder if they see that in the former regime they weren't going to gain any benefit (improvement/development) by staying.

I asked this question earlier (I think this thread). Why is it that non-drafted kids were leaving IU for the NBA? Was Crean pushing them toward leaving, or did they just want to get away from that regime, or did they just want to play pro ball? I can see the occasional player choosing the latter, but like I said, any kid under Crean that even got a sniff from a scout left for the NBA. We had multiple transfers. Meanwhile, Grayson Allen plays 4 years. Miles Bridges comes back. Frank Kaminsky. The list goes on. My hope is that we send kids to the NBA, but that it doesn't seem like they couldn't get there fast enough.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cohete15 said:

I asked this question earlier (I think this thread). Why is it that non-drafted kids were leaving IU for the NBA? Was Crean pushing them toward leaving, or did they just want to get away from that regime, or did they just want to play pro ball? I can see the occasional player choosing the latter, but like I said, any kid under Crean that even got a sniff from a scout left for the NBA. We had multiple transfers. Meanwhile, Grayson Allen plays 4 years. Miles Bridges comes back. Frank Kaminsky. The list goes on. My hope is that we send kids to the NBA, but that it doesn't seem like they couldn't get there fast enough.

No they didn't. Watford came back, Bryant came back, Zeller came back.... Bryant and Zeller both would have been drafted. Watford probably not.. but his stock was higher as a JR. 

Archived