Cincinnati Pregame Thread

KDB

For the first time this season we get to see how this team plays without the must win pressure. Kind of looking forward to it. Players knew how important those first 3 were with the schedule,etc...to get bowl eligibility. 

Now we just head over to Cincy and let it rip. See what happens. I'm still looking for more pitch and catch on the offense. Saw more of it this past week vs first two weeks combined. I have zero clue what Cincy's DLine is like but I sure would like to see some more running in space and not up the 4 or 6 hole. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I might be way off but a 16.5pt dog for the Hoosiers feels like a very safe bet for those of you that partake

I’m guessing Cincy by 10-14… hope I’m wrong 

first true road game in a big environment. Possibly having a center start his 2nd ever game. I can see the O Line struggling in this one. I’d be happy with a close game in the 4th. 
the one we really need to get is the Nebraska game the following week. 

Edited by 5 championships

29 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I’m guessing Cincy by 10-14… hope I’m wrong 

first true road game in a big environment. Possibly having a center start his 2nd ever game. I can see the O Line struggling in this one. I’d be happy with a close game in the 4th. 
the one we really need to get is the Nebraska game the following week. 

Honestly, no offense to UC but I’d hardly call Nippert Stadium a big environment. I’m sure their crowd will be energetic but if Nippert was in the Big Ten it would be by far the smallest stadium in the conference.

it only seats 40,000, for comparison, even Northwestern seats 47,000. It is the smallest stadium we will play in by a considerable margin. Second smallest will be Rutgers, and that’s a considerable jump up at 52,000.

Edited by IndyHoosier22

8 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Honestly, no offense to UC but I’d hardly call Nippert Stadium a big environment. I’m sure their crowd will be energetic but if Nippert was in the Big Ten it would be by far the smallest stadium in the conference.

it only seats 40,000, for comparison, even Northwestern seats 47,000. It is the smallest stadium we will play in by a considerable margin. Second smallest will be Rutgers, and that’s a considerable jump up at 52,000.

I didn’t realize it was that small. I saw they sold out though 

2 hours ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

To be fair, stadium capacity does not equal energy. So many factors at play.

Now, I have zero knowledge of the UC fanbase, but if this game is a sellout and the crowd is raucous, this could be a good "environmental practice" for when we go to Lincoln, Columbus and East Lansing later in the year.

Notice how the Bigs tv heads said last week, that the Hilltoppers was a trap game. This week it was said again. Cincy a trap game.? But we are not a favorite?  One thing for sure they hate the fact we beat the Illini. Oh and now they are saying the illini are one of the favorites to win the west. Hell just keep winning. Go Hoooooooosiers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jojo123 said:

Notice how the Bigs tv heads said last week, that the Hilltoppers was a trap game. This week it was said again. Cincy a trap game.? But we are not a favorite?  One thing for sure they hate the fact we beat the Illini. Oh and now they are saying the illini are one of the favorites to win the west. Hell just keep winning. Go Hoooooooosiers. 

IU 44 Cincy 40