Board issues

3 hours ago, IUguy said:

After this much time it still can’t be fixed?

Well, it's a few things.

HF is dealing with real life, getting married etc.

We need somebody with expertise in this area, and will likely need to hire and pay to get it fixed correctly and long term.

The issues are random and often come and go. Predominantly it's with chrome on Samsung/android. But not totally.

In short, we are trying. The honest answer is the goal is to be 100% by basketball season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FWIW, I've been using "Brave" browser for years. It's a Chrome based browser, but doesn't capture any of your info, nor do they sell it to anybody. Very private, and works like Chrome, only faster.

I haven't had any problems at all on this website using Brave. iPads, or Windows OS. Brave is available for all OS systems to my knowledge.

Might want to check it out. Brave.com

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Well, it's a few things.

HF is dealing with real life, getting married etc.

We need somebody with expertise in this area, and will likely need to hire and pay to get it fixed correctly and long term.

The issues are random and often come and go. Predominantly it's with chrome on Samsung/android. But not totally.

In short, we are trying. The honest answer is the goal is to be 100% by basketball season.

I'm on Apple, both on the computer and on phone and Ipad.  When I try to post all it does is say "saving" so I never qyuite know if the post got through until I get a response like yours.  Also, I still can't get from page to page.

Maybe you are correct that you need a new person there to help out.  Best of luck!

I’m not an IT person but I’ll still make this recommendation. At work we had CAD software that worked in its own system. We had a systems administrator just for the CADverse. It seemed every time one of the web browsers made changes something would stop working like the problems occurring here. The solution offered usually was change browsers, sometimes changing TO a browser you had previously changed FROM! I have been using Edge on both my IPhone and my Windows computer, and have not been noticing any of what you all are complaining about. That being said, my suggestion is the same as the CAD system administrator, change the browser you are using.

Bored issues;

Why do I wait so long to trim by eyebrows, they stick out like a horned Owl? hm Why should I have too, I never used to trim them and everything was fine. These trimmers suck! Old men use to do this with scissors? WTF? how? oooops. 

Who wears that outfit to waffle house? Poor soul has just given up on themselves. Bless their heart.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't park that crooked. I always center it up between the lines. Has someone moved my car.... How many possible different car keys are there? someone has to have the same key. Do they (who does) control this crap? who would just randomly try their key in another car and then drive it around? and why can't they park. 

Just random Bored issues at my house.  

16 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Bored issues;

How many possible different car keys are there? someone has to have the same key. Do they (who does) control this crap? who would just randomly try their key in another car and then drive it around?

Worked with a sales rep who called on Chyrsler. He had a habit of parking in some VP's spot while he ran inside to pick samples up. One time he came back out to find his car blocked in, he figured like you how many keys are there and tried his Crysler key in the one blocking. It worked! He decided since the VP wanted to be a butt he would also. He drove the VP's car to a spot out of sight and then went back and got his car.😂

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Worked with a sales rep who called on Chyrsler. He had a habit of parking in some VP's spot while he ran inside to pick samples up. One time he came back out to find his car blocked in, he figured like you how many keys are there and tried his Crysler key in the one blocking. It worked! He decided since the VP wanted to be a butt he would also. He drove the VP's car to a spot out of sight and then went back and got his car.😂

I can't believe that anyone would ready my ramblings! My work is done, I feel accomplished. Please tip your hostess'. :)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Bored issues;

Why do I wait so long to trim by eyebrows, they stick out like a horned Owl? hm Why should I have too, I never used to trim them and everything was fine. These trimmers suck! Old men use to do this with scissors? WTF? how? oooops. 

Who wears that outfit to waffle house? Poor soul has just given up on themselves. Bless their heart.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't park that crooked. I always center it up between the lines. Has someone moved my car.... How many possible different car keys are there? someone has to have the same key. Do they (who does) control this crap? who would just randomly try their key in another car and then drive it around? and why can't they park. 

Just random Bored issues at my house.  

Why is goose singular and geese plural but moose is both singular and plural. Shouldn't the plural of moose be meese?

• Haha 2

I've received 3 emails from this site asking "Did this answer your question?" related to threads I started.  It lists the thread, and the first reply.

Not a fan.  Would like to stop getting these.

If I unsubscribe (it gives that option), will I still be able to receive messages from other members as before?  All I want is to stop the "Did this answer your question?" emails.

5 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I've received 3 emails from this site asking "Did this answer your question?" related to threads I started.  It lists the thread, and the first reply.

If I unsubscribe (it gives that option), will I still be able to receive messages from other members as before?  All I want is to stop the "Did this answer your question?" emails.

Never heard of that before on this site. Are you sure you didn't order some Ginsu knives or something and get the emails mixed up?

😁

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Madison22 said:

In order to answer your question, I need you to send me your email address.  

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

Just want to say I've enjoyed this site for a lot of years, i will hang in until the end. But the end is near. First Basketball game it will explode.

Ok?

We are trying to find solutio s and valance real life. 

Why come in and start talking g about the end is near?

There are bugs and glitches. We are trying g to figure it out, ideally before basketball season.

Not sure why you need to keep poking the mods and site and posting this chicken little stuff?

If you have a solution, please PM me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Madison22 said:

This is a first. I have not seen or heard of this one. Unsubscribing should not impact the ability to get messages tho.   

So after a little research I think the problem is with certificates and http vs https...

When I'm on this site in MS Edge I get this for the website address...

http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/topic/6665-2022-nfl-discussion/page/442/ 

And everything works fine... Paging, embedding, the works... 

But with Chrome I go to 

https://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/forum/9-general-football-discussion/ 

I can't page within a thread nor can I embed anything... 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Madison22 said:

I have gotten a few of them myself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Ok?

We are trying to find solutio s and valance real life. 

Why come in and start talking g about the end is near?

There are bugs and glitches. We are trying g to figure it out, ideally before basketball season.

Not sure why you need to keep poking the mods and site and posting this chicken little stuff?

If you have a solution, please PM me. 

Not poking the "mods" you have no clue what to do. Shocked this site has lasted this long after CC died and Hoosier Hoopster was ran off. Has nothing to do with you.