Board issues

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not poking the "mods" you have no clue what to do. Shocked this site has lasted this long after CC died and Hoosier Hoopster was ran off. Has nothing to do with you.

The site has lasted this long because it has a great group of posters.  I, for one, am very grateful for all those that have kept it going since Crester's death.

I had issues a couple of years ago with using chrome on my phone.  I played around with some things and the problems went away.

Wish I could remember what I did, but I'm getting old and I forget things.  I do remember who I beat in Fantasy Football last week though.  :D

I've never had problems on my laptop, knock on wood.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

So after a little research I think the problem is with certificates and http vs https...

This is predominantly what the issues are stemming from. We have an update in the works

Again, HF also has resources/people that can help. But he is all.bust doing some marriage thing.  Lol

We have it 90% pinned down. I am respecting HF and his space. But once he settles and we figure out the remaining issues there will be some improvements.

Seriously, your patience is appreciated. It is not easy to keep this place up with the resources we have.

We 100% will keep running, we just may lag a little (or a lot) in getting these bigger issues resolved than we would like. 

But we will.

Again, thank all of you for being patient with us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The site has lasted this long because it has a great group of posters.  I, for one, am very grateful for all those that have kept it going since Crester's death.

I had issues a couple of years ago with using chrome on my phone.  I played around with some things and the problems went away.

Wish I could remember what I did, but I'm getting old and I forget things.  I do remember who I beat in Fantasy Football last week though.  :D

I've never had problems on my laptop, knock on wood.

Of course its the posters and some of the mods. wasnt referring to that.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Also, both issues are now happening in Desktop Chrome...Which it never did before...

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Also, I cannot page through a thread on either mobile browser, Chrome or Edge. Been that way for a long time in Chrome...Edge just showed up today 

Some funky stuff still going on, on my end. 

How new are your devices?  I have no issues (knock on wood).  My phone is 4-5 year-old Samsung Galaxy.  My laptop is a 3 year-old HP.

Also, I don't download any apps to my phone.  I use it to call, text, and surf the web.  My guess is you guys may have an app the creates some sort of conflict.

Just now, rogue3542 said:

A workaround for anyone who's interested, if you right click on another page, prev, or next, and click "open link in new tab" it'll work.

This works on an android the same way if you hold down on the link and then click "open in new tab" or something similar.  

I'm sure there's something similar with iPhone, but I don't have one.

2 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

This works on an android the same way if you hold down on the link and then click "open in new tab" or something similar.  

I'm sure there's something similar with iPhone, but I don't have one.

The workaround works with my Android phone (Pixel 6 Pro) on both Edge and Chrome...

But I wonder if that little tab counter at the top of Chrome and the bottom of Edge can accommodate a triple digit number 😮

So I tried to post 4 pics in the comments of a thread over Colonial Crester Corner. When I submitted, it kicked me off the forum, and I had to sign back in...

Now, all of the functions I'd lost (paging through threads, posting links, citing posters) works again in Edge... 

36 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So I tried to post 4 pics in the comments of a thread over Colonial Crester Corner. When I submitted, it kicked me off the forum, and I had to sign back in...

Now, all of the functions I'd lost (paging through threads, posting links, citing posters) works again in Edge... 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It does pay to reboot every once in awhile.

• Like 1

I keep telling you guys to ditch Chrome and use Brave as a browser. It's chromium based, but doesn't have all the glitches, personal & browsing data collection that Chrome & Edge does. I never have a problem with this website, or BTB.

I use Brave as my main browser for personal stuff, and Firefox for You Tube (or anything Google), amazon, twitter posts (IU MBB only), and podcasts.

That way all the "tracking" stuff is protected inside Firefox. And private stuff like financials are hidden inside Brave.

My 2¢

Edited by DWB
  • Thanks 1