NCAAF: Week #4

rico

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s one where you’re just lucky to hang on and win. Throw away the game film and move on lol. 

Why didn't FAU call time out with 2:50 left after stopping PU on 3rd down. By the time they got the ball after the punt there was 2:07 left.  The call on 4th and 1 on the QB sneak was bad as well. PU got a break earlier when FAU scored that put them up but got called for the chop block.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why didn't FAU call time out with 2:50 left after stopping PU on 3rd down. By the time they got the ball after the punt there was 2:07 left.  The call on 4th and 1 on the QB sneak was bad as well. PU got a break earlier when FAU scored that put them up but got called for the chop block.

Who knows. I’m choosing to look at is a we won a game without our stud QB and just move on lol. If he doesn’t play next week, it’ll be bad. Minny looks really good. 

56 minutes ago, rico said:

Penix tops 300 yards passing for the 4th straight game.  Huskies roll.  Woof.

We can make all the excuses in the world, but his performance for UW is an indictment of the IU coaching staff.

It basically indicates that with the right coaching/scheme, he can perform at an All-American level. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We can make all the excuses in the world, but his performance for UW is an indictment of the IU coaching staff.

It basically indicates that with the right coaching/scheme, he can perform at an All-American level. 

Dare I say Washington is going to make the CFP with Penix as QB?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's all hindsight but if I was Tom Allen I'd have given Deboer half my salary to keep him if that's what it took. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

They only needed a field goal to win. My guess is they wanted to leave as little time as possible if they got it, because it seems like every time Purdue gets the ball with ~2 minutes left in a half, they always blow down the field and score. 

17 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

They only needed a field goal to win. My guess is they wanted to leave as little time as possible if they got it, because it seems like every time Purdue gets the ball with ~2 minutes left in a half, they always blow down the field and score. 

With O’Connell absolutely. Burton would’ve been a question mark. 

5 hours ago, rico said:

Dare I say Washington is going to make the CFP with Penix as QB?

They’ve got Oregon and Washington St on the road, otherwise they’ll be heavily favored the rest of the way. It’s absolutely possible.
Nothing would be more IU football then letting Penix leave the year before a Heisman AND National Championship run. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

They’ve got Oregon and Washington St on the road, otherwise they’ll be heavily favored the rest of the way. It’s absolutely possible.
Nothing would be more IU football then letting Penix leave the year before a Heisman AND National Championship run. 

Washington places at UCLA this coming Friday night.  But yeah, a CFP appearance and a Heisman candidate would be sooo IU football.

21 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

You think Penix would being doing this well at IU with this coaching staff

Just now, IU Scott said:

You think Penix would being doing this well at IU with this coaching staff

Not at all and that’s partly the point I was trying to make. Only IU football would have their problem imploded due to a completely inept OL coach CTA refuses to fire. If Penix stayed it wouldn’t have been if he gets hurt but when and how severe. He, like others, left sinking ship. It’s just jarring to see just how much success a former leader of our team can have once he leaves CTA and his broken system.  

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Washington places at UCLA this coming Friday night.  But yeah, a CFP appearance and a Heisman candidate would be sooo IU football.

Wasn’t sure whether to include UCLA or not. They haven’t played anybody and almost lost to South Alabama. ESPN has UW at a 55% 3 pt favorite which isn’t exactly “heavily” favored especially on the road. 

• Like 1