Cincinnati Postgame Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

True, but what about when rolls put and has time?  He tends take bad choices or throws about half the time as his stats show.

Most the time he is rolling out is because of the rush up the middle and aren't called rollouts. Not saying he doesn't make some poor decisions but I wouldn't replace him. Just look at our stats when Tuttle had started the last few years and we probably didn't score over 20 to often

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Do you think the second half defense was our defense stepping up or UC offense going conservative 

Its fair to say they may have came out a little flat but I thought the D line played really well all game.. head, Bryant, Elliot, Dasan got to QB.. if not for some massive coverage issues that lead to huge plays we played well enough on D to win… they had like what 50 yards of rushing ??

13 minutes ago, DireBump said:

I think all 5 of those games are winnable as well, it's long season. There is a lot left to play for. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Correct. 

I’m on board with this. When the team plays well they look good. 
Eliminating the dumb penalties and bad stretches is the key. 

This is the mindset that makes games like this hurt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I’m on board with this. When the team plays well they look good. 
Eliminating the dumb penalties and bad stretches is the key. 

This is the mindset that makes games like this hurt. 

Yes. McCulleys penalty was massive... we had the ball down 2TDs with 8 mins to go at the 50.. it was going to be 2nd and 6. 

• Like 1

Yes, we need a better offensive line.  Need some running plays that actually gain yards consistently.  Need to protect the quarterback but he also needs to not miss so many open receivers.  Also need to improve downfield pass coverage and/or the pass rush.  Rush defense looks pretty good but we haven’t played Michigan yet.

4 games or more than 1/3 of your season is enough data to say a few things. For the life of me when you have a kid like Shivers (speed) we keep trying to run delay, run delay between 4 and 6 holes. Please change that Walt. Please.

I'm 50/50 on CB. At times he looks smart, decisive....but at times I'm watching a guy that just needs to make the progressions and throw to the wing or weak side out. Of course that depends on line of scrimmage and our OLIne. Injuries are a factor. They are in every game in programs our level. 

With that said. I see some winnable games and by no means is this one of those idiot posts I see on twitter questioning Allen. Make the adjustments. Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue, Nebraska, Sparty....all winnable. One loss on the road vs a P5 talent/program/team isn't the end of things gang. 

Just now, 5 championships said:

I think Henderson should be lead back. Seems to have better vision than shivers

I’m probably not football smart enough to see the small details, but I agree. 

I thought Jaylin Lucas looked good in the touches he’s had. The most frustrating thing to me with the offense is how they seem to have some really good pieces they don’t utilize. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

4 games or more than 1/3 of your season is enough data to say a few things. For the life of me when you have a kid like Shivers (speed) we keep trying to run delay, run delay between 4 and 6 holes. Please change that Walt. Please.

I'm 50/50 on CB. At times he looks smart, decisive....but at times I'm watching a guy that just needs to make the progressions and throw to the wing or weak side out. Of course that depends on line of scrimmage and our OLIne. Injuries are a factor. They are in every game in programs our level. 

With that said. I see some winnable games and by no means is this one of those idiot posts I see on twitter questioning Allen. Make the adjustments. Maryland, Rutgers, Purdue, Nebraska, Sparty....all winnable. One loss on the road vs a P5 talent/program/team isn't the end of things gang. 

Injuries are everywhere. We dont have the depth to withstand losing multiple top players in the same position group. Just not a formula for winning. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

I know this is counter what makes sense...but I almost would like to see CB counter to his left. I feel like when he's going right when the pocket is collapsing he's off balance or throws against the grain,etc....

If our line is down with injuries I'd almost rather let the line block right....and have him counter back to the left so he gets his feet, shoulders, eyes all settled.