Nebraska pregame

10 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I know it’s a Big Ten toad game, which automatically makes it a little harder, but this is the easiest Big Ten game on our schedule home or away! We need to not only win but make a statement “ We Or Here to Play” an play well for 4 quarts!

We just need to find a way to win.  I don't care if it is by 1 or 21.  Just win.  Although it would be great to win in convincing fashion.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I know it’s a Big Ten toad game, which automatically makes it a little harder, but this is the easiest Big Ten game on our schedule home or away! We need to not only win but make a statement “ We Or Here to Play” an play well for 4 quarts!

Yeah...both teams definitely have plenty of warts.  So, toad game works for me.    😂

• Haha 1

Since the OL (deservedly) is taking all the heat so far this season, thought I’d share something I hadn’t seen discussed.
Our DL/DE (ex Bull) group doesn’t have a single player with 10+ total tackles. There are 12 IU defenders with 10+ tackles which means our backup LBs are all out performing the starting DL.
As for TFL: Elliot, Sio Jackson & Robbins have combined for 2.5 (Tevis comes “off the bench” and has 2 himself). Sacks? Just two.

I think I can guess why our DBs have been giving up so many big plays thus far and thus underperformed. If this doesn’t get turned around its going to be a long, painful rest of the season regardless of if our OL can make improvements.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Since the OL (deservedly) is taking all the heat so far this season, thought I’d share something I hadn’t seen discussed.
Our DL/DE (ex Bull) group doesn’t have a single player with 10+ total tackles. There are 12 IU defenders with 10+ tackles which means our backup LBs are all out performing the starting DL.
As for TFL: Elliot, Sio Jackson & Robbins have combined for 2.5 (Tevis comes “off the bench” and has 2 himself). Sacks? Just two.

I think I can guess why our DBs have been giving up so many big plays thus far and thus underperformed. If this doesn’t get turned around its going to be a long, painful rest of the season regardless of if our OL can make improvements.

Yeah, I really don't think the OL should be taking all the blame and have expressed that many times. The defense has stunk. They've made some big plays but they have given up a ton. The DL is definitely making it harder on the DBs but that's nothing new. Most of IU's sacks the past few years have come from the LBs and DBs blitzing. Very rarely do we get a sack from the line and when we do it's normally a coverage sack or because the blitz is causing odd numbers. IU rarely has linemen who can consistently win one on one matchups. I get the Hiller hate, but the DL hasn't been any better since CTA has been here. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Yeah, I really don't think the OL should be taking all the blame and have expressed that many times. The defense has stunk. They've made some big plays but they have given up a ton. The DL is definitely making it harder on the DBs but that's nothing new. Most of IU's sacks the past few years have come from the LBs and DBs blitzing. Very rarely do we get a sack from the line and when we do it's normally a coverage sack or because the blitz is causing odd numbers. IU rarely has linemen who can consistently win one on one matchups. I get the Hiller hate, but the DL hasn't been any better since CTA has been here. 

Accurate! Neither line has looked good in the last several seasons. Everything on the skill players and back 7 on D. Not a long-term successful strategy, especially in B1G.

41 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Again, this isn't the second coming of the Bear's 46 D, but there's enough to work with that we shouldn't be the big-play sieve we were 1st half at UC. Way too many chunk plays surrendered thus far. Concerning.

Just cut those types of plays in half, and we're on to something. Same with the OL and up the gut sacks. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

Former Nebraska defensive coach, Rick Kaczenski just RIPPED Coach Allen, saying in an radio interview....."Is there a bigger clown in college football than Tom Allen?"

Listen to his interview.... It will make your blood boil. Great locker room material for coach and the team..... Wow, just Wow! What an a$$!

https://www.outkick.com/nebraska-tom-allen-rick-kaczenski-indiana-comments-video-audio/

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Former Nebraska defensive coach, Rick Kaczenski just RIPPED Coach Allen, saying in an radio interview....."Is there a bigger clown in college football than Tom Allen?"

Listen to his interview.... It will make your blood boil. Great locker room material for coach and the team..... Wow, just Wow! What an a$$!

https://www.outkick.com/nebraska-tom-allen-rick-kaczenski-indiana-comments-video-audio/

Listened to it.  Oh boy.  What a corn job!

6 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

I was just going to post the link.  That guy is the one that sounds like a clown.  I hope the team stands up for Coach Allen and just crushes Nebraska.  This guy isn't even a current football coach because he beat on his wife.  Should keep his mouth shut.  

31962864-31962864.jpg?crop=1xw:1.00000000000000000xh;center,top&resize=900:*

53 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

If that doesn't make our guys come out fast and aggressive,  nothing will. Time to make a statement. This isn't the 1900's Nebraska, YOU now are the team in the West all the East times want on their schedule. 🤣

• Like 1