High School Hoops

rico

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Frankton, Cascade and Fairfield in 2A instead of 3A

Silver Creek in 3A instead of 4A

North Miami in 1A instead of 2A

Linton-Stockton apparently went back to 2A after one year in 3A. 

Silver Creek shouldn't be ranked regardless of class.  The lost virtually everything from the state runner-up team last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Brownstown opens at defending 2A champ Providence on Saturday. Those two teams will also be in the same sectional, as well. Brownstown beat Providence last year by 14, but Brownstown was 3A and Providence 2A. 

Interested that BC is 19th in the coaches poll (all classes) and the only other team that is smaller than 3A that is in the top 20 is Linton who sits at 16th. 

I've mentioned before... but this will be BC's biggest team.

Starting lineup: 6'8, 6'6, 6'5 in the starting line up and bring 3 kids off the bench that are 6'4. 

I have little doubt we are the most talented team in 2A, most talented team means nothing come March, though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I figured this issue out... 

These polls that are posted week 1 one of the season are last years "last poll". 

I don't think that was it.  The poll I saw had Silver Creek girls in the 'others receiving votes' for 3A.  Don't recall exactly where last season's team finished in the last poll at the end of last season, but it should have been somewhere in the Top 5.   In any event, Silver Creek girls should take some lumps this season.  1-3 record to start so far with a very young team featuring sophomores and freshmen.  But, after they drop back down to 3A in two years, they will be both talented and experienced.     

Edited by 5fouls

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Brownstown opens at defending 2A champ Providence on Saturday. Those two teams will also be in the same sectional, as well. Brownstown beat Providence last year by 14, but Brownstown was 3A and Providence 2A. 

Interested that BC is 19th in the coaches poll (all classes) and the only other team that is smaller than 3A that is in the top 20 is Linton who sits at 16th. 

I've mentioned before... but this will be BC's biggest team.

Starting lineup: 6'8, 6'6, 6'5 in the starting line up and bring 3 kids off the bench that are 6'4. 

I have little doubt we are the most talented team in 2A, most talented team means nothing come March, though. 

You guys should be at least 15 points better than Providence.  They enjoyed a magical run to the state title and I'm happy for those kids.   A lot of Providence families live in Sellersburg, and I knew a couple of them from youth sports throughout the years. But, the fact is, 'magical' is the perfect way to describe what they did.  They don't have the talent that Brownstown does.       

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You guys should be at least 15 points better than Providence.  They enjoyed a magical run to the state title and I'm happy for those kids.   A lot of Providence families live in Sellersburg, and I knew a couple of them from youth sports throughout the years. But, the fact is, 'magical' is the perfect way to describe what they did.  They don't have the talent that Brownstown does.       

I think so, too. We also have a decent coach ;)..... we won't see as much ball pressure and probably not full court trapping, like we have grown so accustomed to in the past, but we should be incredibly difficult to score on in the paint and I think we will be a top notch rebounding team.