High School Hoops

rico

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Clancy is damn good. They're still a solid squad. 

I forgot about Clancy. Good kid, and you’re right.. should be solid. We’re super young in Madison. Most of the starters and rotation are sophomores. With all of the movement these days, it’s hard to keep track of who is playing where. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Brownstown won a 3A sectional last year, took the 3A state champion to the brink in the regional.... moved to 2A and beat the defending 2A state champ by 10 on the road..... 

And the AP has BC 5th? 

Idk. I know that sounds arrogant, but... guess we'll see. 

Saw that.  Crazy.  You were 4th in the preseason poll.  Providence was 5th.  And you drop.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

BC 64

Seymour 52

Brownstown has won 15 straight over Seymour. 

Benter with 36 

I was thinking Brownstown might have a chance to run the table in the regular season, so I looked at the schedule for games they could potentially lose.  They certainly won't lose all of these, but this is the list of remote possibilities that I see,

• Cincinnati Withrow at Charlestown.  I know nothing about Withrow, but these type of one day shootouts all the teams are usually good.
  • Jennings County.  Depending on how good Withrow is, I think this could be Brownstown's toughest regular season challenge.
  • @ Greensburg.  They are always good and this one is on the road.
  • @ BNL.  The officiating usually favors the home team at Bedford.
  • Floyd Central.  The Highlanders have some size to throw at you, but I still think the Braves should win.    
  • @ New Albany.  If this was Jim Shannon's last home game, I would favor the Bulldogs.  But they play Bloomington North later that week at home.  

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was thinking Brownstown might have a chance to run the table in the regular season, so I looked at the schedule for games they could potentially lose.  They certainly won't lose all of these, but this is the list of remote possibilities that I see,

• Cincinnati Withrow at Charlestown.  I know nothing about Withrow, but these type of one day shootouts all the teams are usually good.
  • Jennings County.  Depending on how good Withrow is, I think this could be Brownstown's toughest regular season challenge.
  • Floyd Central.  The Highlanders have some size to throw at you, but I still think the Braves should win.    
  • @ New Albany.  If this was Jim Shannon's last home game, I would favor the Bulldogs.  But they play Bloomington North later that week at home.  

Talent wise. I think 100% agree. A "chance" for sure.  But.. Coach Benter said this evening that Withrow was extremely athletic. 

2nd night of a back to back coming off a big rivalry game tonight... we are a young team, and some newness playing together. 

Jack didn't have a great night from the 3pt line.. that usually doesn't happen two nights in a row. 

I think we had 7 or 8 blocks tonight. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I watched Jennings thump a very young Madison team tonight. JC has a little bit of size and play tough defensively, but again… it’s hard to really gauge against the young Cubbies. I think JC will be solid, but I don’t know if they can handle the talent/size that BC will throw at them. 

5 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I watched Jennings thump a very young Madison team tonight. JC has a little bit of size and play tough defensively, but again… it’s hard to really gauge against the young Cubbies. I think JC will be solid, but I don’t know if they can handle the talent/size that BC will throw at them. 

The thing about JC... they have 3 elite 3pt shooters and really good, veteran guards. 

That will serve them well. 

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The thing about JC... they have 3 elite 3pt shooters and really good, veteran guards. 

That will serve them well. 

I don’t honestly remember, but I do believe they shot near 50% from 3 pt last night. It seemed as if they couldn’t miss. Madison’s guards are pretty decent ball handlers, but JC defended well, and extended their perimeter defense. They trap a lot in both their press and half court. Madison started out alright, but are missing some guys due to injuries(my sophomore son being one), and just wore down. Like I said, they should be solid. Let me know when you guys play them. If for some reason we happen to be off, I may come out that way and watch that game. 

Double header tonight on local Indy tv (MyIndy tv).  Ben Davis and Kokomo at 6:30 and Cathederal v Centerville OH at 8.  BD has 6'9" Zane Doughty, a Valpo commit that was a junior all star last year vs Flory Bidunga.  Then X Booker (MSU) vs Gabe Cupps.  The games are streamed at IHSAAtv, not sure if it's free or not. Both games are played at Brownsburg as part of Sneakers for Santa.

https://www.ihsaatv.org/schedule/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good game on INDY 23 Cathedral vs Centerville OH and Gabe Cupps. Centerville is up 30-29 in the second quarter and Cupps had like 10 points and some great passing. They also have a guy transferred in and has an IU offer who is a sophomore and he looks really good. Booker for Cathedral is scoreless and doesn't play very hard.

2 hours ago, rico said:

FW Concordia's Avery Cook sank 3 FTs with no time on the clock to beat Carroll 52-51.  It was Eugene Parker night to dedicate a new basketball court.

Good for them.  Concordia was always good about letting us use their facilities during my college baseball days. Have puked many times on that damn track during fall ball. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Concordia have chain link looking fence at the top of their gym? 

Don’t think I ever saw their gym. We were using their outdoor facilities (track and baseball field) and on occasion their weight room at like 6am. We didn’t go in the school very often. 

Our first 2.5 weeks of fall ball every year we just went straight to that track and ran to we puked everyday. We’d play our first fall ball game every year and hadn’t even touched a bat, ball, or glove yet. It was horrible. I’ve probably ran a 1,000 poles on that baseball field too.