Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am tired of Allan's raw raw and LEO Montra  It is time for the University to decide if they want to have a competitive football program or if they are happy at being historically the worst program in football.  Either spend the money on the program or just put the money on the programs that are actually competitive.

LEO stands for lose every one. Allen is in way over his head. Indiana football is a joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I want to celebrate IU being #1 in the country in one category. We are the first D1 team to lose 700 games.

I just looked that up.  It's not even close.  We started the year with 10 more losses in history than northwestern, who has the second most.

Want to listen something stupid listen to the post game show. I think his name is Biecoff sp? and he is trying to justify Allan's record by stating that Allan is the second most winning coach in our history. Also stated he had won 16 big ten games and Mallory has the most at 39. This guy needs to do some math since this is Allan's 6th year and 16 wins is less than 3 a year.  Another thing most of the other coaches haven't had enough chances to win that many games.  He even brought up Hoeppner never won that many games which is really low

23 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

A backup QB scored two touchdowns on us in the last 6 minutes of the game without completing a single pass! How’s Allen explain that! That’s poor coaching!!!! 

Yes, this game was the official end of the CTA era, for the reasons you state. Unfortunately, because of an inexperienced and unqualified AD, IU football will be a zombie program for at least two more seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Want to listen something stupid listen to the post game show. I think his name is Biecoff sp? and he is trying to justify Allan's record by stating that Allan is the second most winning coach in our history. Also stated he had won 16 big ten games and Mallory has the most at 39. This guy needs to do some math since this is Allan's 6th year and 16 wins is less than 3 a year.  Another thing most of the other coaches haven't had enough chances to win that many games.  He even brought up Hoeppner never won that many games which is really low

I don't know if he meant since Mallory but I looked back at the history and we have had 5 coaches with more wins.  I don't know if I should laugh or cry when you are trying to justify 29-36 record. 

0-1

5-7 

5-7 

8-5 

6-2 

2-10 

3-4 

Maybe that the 6-2 season was more because of COVID and other teams being short handed.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Most of the time a buyout is to protect the school from the coach getting a better job. How did anyone think that Allan would get a top tier job.  Also in basketball IU is one of the top jobs so I doubt anyone would leave if they are having success.

If CTA would leave IU after the 2023 season, he would owe $3 million. If IU fires him after the 2023 season, IU owes him $20 million. That’s AD malpractice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I am tired of Allan's raw raw and LEO Montra  It is time for the University to decide if they want to have a competitive football program or if they are happy at being historically the worst program in football.  Either spend the money on the program or just put the money on the programs that are actually competitive.

Yeah but we can't even keep good assistant coaches.  How we going to get and keep a good HC?

54 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

IU may be the first to 700 losses but they've played 133 years. They aren't last in winning percentage.  Wake forest, new Mexico st and utep have played for 100+ years and have a lower winning percentage.

So it could be worse. 

You made my DAY!

• Haha 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

"Nah, honey. I'm safe. I have a $10 buyout. They're not going to pay that"

Archie Miller

$10 million for the historically significant program as opposed to $30 million for the losingest program ever.  No flipping way they drop that kind of cash to get rid of Allen.  The highest buyout ever paid was about $22 million by Auburn.  Allen is the guy until that figure drops significantly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

$10 million for the historically significant program as opposed to $30 million for the losingest program ever.  No flipping way they drop that kind of cash to get rid of Allen.  The highest buyout ever paid was about $22 million by Auburn.  Allen is the guy until that figure drops significantly.

Records were made to be broken...