IUBB 22/‘23

42 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Anyone ever switch the u and the l by accident when writing results?  I did that at work recently and turned it in for review. The problem was it was in ink in a logbook so it's there for 7 years.  

Along the lines of composing an email to a NATCA (air traffic union) VP whose name is "Bobby" and realizing you typed "Booby" only after you hit send

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Anyone ever switch the u and the l by accident when writing results?  I did that at work recently and turned it in for review. The problem was it was in ink in a logbook so it's there for 7 years.  

Yeah I remember the medical device years. Pencil was an absolute no-no!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It was a Sunday morning and I was tired. I made the correction but in order to follow SOP I had to draw a single horizontal line through the word then initial and date with the correct word. But resluts is there. 

Ever make a mistake with your corrections and have to line through and re-initial date again? I think my record was 3 initial/dates

• Like 1

Just now, Drroogh said:

Ever make a mistake with your corrections and have to line through and re-initial date again? I think my record was 3 initial/dates

Correcting a correction.  Frustrating as hell. Luckily it's doesn't happen as much as it used to. Most of our data is in an electronic notebook in a LIMS system. We only use logbooks for results on printer tape. 

My previous job though was paper heavy. Happened quit a bit. 

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

Correcting a correction.  Frustrating as hell. Luckily it's doesn't happen as much as it used to. Most of our data is in an electronic notebook in a LIMS system. We only use logbooks for results on printer tape. 

My previous job though was paper heavy. Happened quit a bit. 

When I was in it they could never validate software. So everything was manual!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Oh....yeah you guys were right.

Meh. It was a bad game for a myriad of reasons and we definitely need X, but a road loss to Maryland isn’t exactly something to reevaluate how good we are over. We have two tough but winnable games coming up, gotta get those. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Meh. It was a bad game for a myriad of reasons and we definitely need X, but a road loss to Maryland isn’t exactly something to reevaluate how good we are over. We have two tough but winnable games coming up, gotta get those. 

Agreed that there's no reason to overreact because of a road loss, but that game illustrates exactly why we need XJ in order to be a top 15 team. With him out, we only have 2 playmakers. If one of them is having an off night like JHS last night, we have nobody else that can fill that secondary playmaker role. Also, XJ is by far our best perimeter defender, which we sorely needed last night.

I just think without XJ we have a significantly lower ceiling, though are still a tournament level team. With him (and a healthy TJD and JHS), I think we have the potential to be a very good to elite team.

• Like 5

HH podcast has Randy Wittman on again. Starting somewhere close to the 26-27 minute mark.

Randy is asked about his thoughts about the Maryland game, refs and gives a quick thought about Saturdays game with purdue.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Hoosier-Hysterics-Podcast-Randy-Wittman-Purdue-Week-204042995/

• Like 1