For all spouting for new coach.

jojo123

2 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Gotcha, just didn’t know if there were rumors he was looking good in practice or something. Really have not been impressed with Bazelak but also this team is not built for a QB like Bazelak.

I’m not sure this team the last few years was built for any QB. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Gotcha, just didn’t know if there were rumors he was looking good in practice or something. Really have not been impressed with Bazelak but also this team is not built for a QB like Bazelak.

This team is only built to get qbs injured. My guess is Bazelak is by far the best we got…or we would have made the change to spark the team. Sad to think about but just simple truth. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Any talk of a new coach is moot prior to December 2025.

A year-by-year breakdown of IU’s duty in the case of firing without cause:

Dec. 1, 2022: $25.5 million.

Dec. 1, 2023: $20.8 million.

Dec. 1, 2024: $7.95 million.

Dec. 1, 2025: $5.4 million.

Dec. 1, 2026: $2.75 million.

How did you arrive at 2025 versus 2024? The biggest drop is in 2 years. Interested to know your thoughts.  Btw, I hope CTA gets it turned around before that point.

Edited by Hoosierinbham

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Surely to God there is a performance clause in coaches contracts. Not just CTA but in sports in general. 

Generally there are bonuses for meeting certain performance goals, but no consequences for poor performance, except for breaking NCAA rules and that type of thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

How did you arrive at 2025 versus 2024? The biggest drop is in 2 years. Interested to know your thoughts.  Btw, I hope CTA gets it turned around before that point.

I'm just assuming no one will pay $8M to terminate a football coach at IU. People were making a big issue out of paying Archie $10M and basketball is a different deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I'm just assuming no one will pay $8M to terminate a football coach at IU. People were making a big issue out of paying Archie $10M and basketball is a different deal. 

Gotcha. I see your point, but I'm not sure they could wait that long if the current trajectory continues. Football has to produce more revenue,  and our's would be in the toilet at that point. Let's just hope CTA gets it figured out, or bows out gracefully. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I don't think anyone wants CTA to get fired, but if they can't win more than 3 games a year, you have to start down that path. I do agree at the end of 2024 is more likely at this point. 

• Like 2

Tom Allen has been here 6 years. His staff and him  have recruited everyone of these players. All I’ve read is how much better we have recruited. Then something is going wrong once they get here. 
I don’t have any faith that he can turn it around in the next Two or three years. would love to be absolutely wrong! 
IU is going to win one Big Ten game in Two years. What a joke we are. 
Tom Allen has another problem he can’t keep firing assistant coaches. His recruiting  will suffer and what good assistant would come here. 
At the same time if he doesn’t make changes in staff nothing gets better so he and IU are in a really mess! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Tom Allen has been here 6 years. His staff and him  have recruited everyone of these players. All I’ve read is how much better we have recruited. Then something is going wrong once they get here. 
I don’t have any faith that he can turn it around in the next Two or three years. would love to be absolutely wrong! 
IU is going to win one Big Ten game in Two years. What a joke we are. 
Tom Allen has another problem he can’t keep firing assistant coaches. His recruiting  will suffer and what good assistant would come here. 
At the same time if he doesn’t make changes in staff nothing gets better so he and IU are in a really mess! 

To me, your first paragraph says it all.  If we’ve been ranked generally in the 35-50 range nationally in recruiting over the past 6 years, which I believe is the case, then average player development and coaching should have us ranked in that range performance-wise.  We shouldn’t be ranked 90th.

2 hours ago, IUJoe said:

To me, your first paragraph says it all.  If we’ve been ranked generally in the 35-50 range nationally in recruiting over the past 6 years, which I believe is the case, then average player development and coaching should have us ranked in that range performance-wise.  We shouldn’t be ranked 90th.

Sampson James says hello...

13 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don't think anyone wants CTA to get fired, but if they can't win more than 3 games a year, you have to start down that path. I do agree at the end of 2024 is more likely at this point. 

I want him fired, along with Dolson for giving him that idiotic contract.

I find other things to do rather than waste my time watching an incompetent coach and mediocre play week after week.

Indiana Football Sucks and with a few exceptions always has!

4 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I want him fired, along with Dolson for giving him that idiotic contract.

I find other things to do rather than waste my time watching an incompetent coach and mediocre play week after week.

Indiana Football Sucks and with a few exceptions always has!

Yet you took the time to come to the IU football message board to discuss the team you said that you will find better things to do than watch 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yet you took the time to come to the IU football message board to discuss the team you said that you will find better things to do than watch 

Yep. I have been an Indiana fan for about 60 years, through thick and thin. I am sick and tired of waiting for improvement. Hell, I would like to see some sustainable improvement, instead of one average year and 10 bad ones, wouldn't you?