2022-2023 IUWBB Season Thread

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Ladies up to a 1 seed in the latest bracketology. 

Yes, at least on ESPN, it's been that way since Friday (day after they beat Maryland) ... didn't know if you

Wins currently- #11 Maryland, #17 UNC, and #21 ILL... the next three games include games vs three ranked teams. Further solidify our spot as a 1 seed!! 

So many more opportunities for good wins-- we still play OSU, UM, and Iowa 2x, a piece. 

• Like 1

I can't say I'm the biggest follower of women's basketball but you have to be impressed with what CTM has built at IU. She gradually put things together. She lost a lot of talent after last season but was able to add pieces to not only keep them at a high level, but they are better than last season's team. 

What is the next step? Final Four? Landing some of the top recruits, five stars? Maybe she just continues to build through the portal. Whatever it is she's seems to have them going in the right direction. The biggest question may be, how can IU keep CTM?

4 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

I can't say I'm the biggest follower of women's basketball but you have to be impressed with what CTM has built at IU. She gradually put things together. She lost a lot of talent after last season but was able to add pieces to not only keep them at a high level, but they are better than last season's team. 

What is the next step? Final Four? Landing some of the top recruits, five stars? Maybe she just continues to build through the portal. Whatever it is she's seems to have them going in the right direction. The biggest question may be, how can IU keep CTM?

IU has to find a way to keep her. Fans are showing up for games, she's winning, we've just got to pay her enough that she won't leave.

I do think there is something that is a lot of fun, for both the girls and the boys, when they're at a school that supports both. Girls are playing great and the fans are noticing and showing out. I love it. We had over 10k fans at the Wisconsin game. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

IU has to find a way to keep her. Fans are showing up for games, she's winning, we've just got to pay her enough that she won't leave.

I do think there is something that is a lot of fun, for both the girls and the boys, when they're at a school that supports both. Girls are playing great and the fans are noticing and showing out. I love it. We had over 10k fans at the Wisconsin game. 

Who ever imagined 10K for a womens game. That is so freaking awesome for them (us) ! Ladies, keep up the great work!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Monday vs Michigan 8pm BTN

Thursday vs. OSU 830pm BTN 

Feb 5 vs. Purdue 2pm FS1

2022-23 Women's Basketball Schedule - Indiana University Athletics (iuhoosiers.com)

5 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I agree. The good news is most of the remaining games will be broadcast. Only two of the final ten games are relegated to BIG+.

Great news, thank you both. Will be nice to see them live on BTN. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

IU's guys could learn a lot from the mental preparation of the ladies.  They went into Illinois EXPECTING to win.  That's how IU men's basketball used to be.

Same could be said for our mindset as fans. When the women got down 19-10 last night, I found myself thinking they would go on a run and get back in it. If the men's team was down 19-10 on the road...lol, forget it. 

• Like 3