2022-2023 IUWBB Season Thread

Just wanted to update how impressive the B1G women are----

NET rankings---(the bold Indiana has beaten)

5- IU (how were are behind LSU, I'll never know)

9- Iowa 

13- OSU

17- Michigan

22- Maryland

35- ILL x2

37- Purdue

41- NEB

43- MSU 

We've also beaten 

18- UNC

19-Tennessee 

68- Memphis 

81- Auburn 

We have a lot of really good wins. As mentioned, ESPN had us the #2 overall seed last week. 

• Like 2

With the women's continued success, I hope that in coming seasons IU moves toward selling actual seats for these games instead of General Admission. I bought tickets to the game on the 19th, because it was last remaining weekend home game we could get to. But it's also senior day. Against Purdue. The place is going to be packed. 

My wife doesn't do well with crowds. If it's an assigned seat that's okay because we know where we're going to go and we know there will be a place for us when we get there. There's structure. That's my preference in most cases too, especially with crowds this size. GA is fine for concerts where you stand up and move. It's terrible for packed bleachers.

With the noon start, the drive from Indy, and the need to scramble to find a seat when we get there, I don't think it's going to be a pleasant experience for us. I'd love to be at the game, but with GA seating I'm leaning toward staying home when otherwise I'd be there for sure.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:57 AM, Maedhros said:

With the women's continued success, I hope that in coming seasons IU moves toward selling actual seats for these games instead of General Admission. I bought tickets to the game on the 19th, because it was last remaining weekend home game we could get to. But it's also senior day. Against Purdue. The place is going to be packed. 

My wife doesn't do well with crowds. If it's an assigned seat that's okay because we know where we're going to go and we know there will be a place for us when we get there. There's structure. That's my preference in most cases too, especially with crowds this size. GA is fine for concerts where you stand up and move. It's terrible for packed bleachers.

With the noon start, the drive from Indy, and the need to scramble to find a seat when we get there, I don't think it's going to be a pleasant experience for us. I'd love to be at the game, but with GA seating I'm leaning toward staying home when otherwise I'd be there for sure.

Indy isn't 8 hrs away. Get there 1-1/2 hrs before tip and I bet you will be happy. Don't go to the bath room or concessions together, that way your seat are saved. Don't over think it, just plan accordingly.

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Like 1

So Carolina plays LSU on Sunday at home. Hope SC wins and we'll be #2 across the board, at that point. 

JMO--if we win the next 2 and LSU losses to SC, I think we are a solidified 1 seed. No one has the amount of wins that we have. 

5 wins vs. current Top 15 competition and most of those were 8 points+

6 wins vs. current Top 25 teams in NET... along with 4 more wins inside the Top 42 in the NET. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What Teri Moren and her staff have put together given the fact she has 7 new faces on the roster this year is nothing short of College Coach of the Year material. Glad to see the hall rocking as well. In a way it's a loud and clear message to all of our programs. Winning at a big time level can be done and if you do that the IU fans will support you. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So Carolina plays LSU on Sunday at home. Hope SC wins and we'll be #2 across the board, at that point. 

JMO--if we win the next 2 and LSU losses to SC, I think we are a solidified 1 seed. No one has the amount of wins that we have. 

5 wins vs. current Top 15 competition and most of those were 8 points+

6 wins vs. current Top 25 teams in NET... along with 4 more wins inside the Top 42 in the NET. 

Regardless of what SC and LSU do, IU is firmly entrenched as one of the four #1 seeds. There is no arguing their resume. As you've pointed out, it's just too good.

The SEC teams get the benefit of playing one another, so either team winning gets a "boost" by beating the other. That means IU's ceiling is likely the second overall seed. Ultimately, it doesn't change much, as IU would still get home court advantage through the majority of the Tournament.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Regardless of what SC and LSU do, IU is firmly entrenched as one of the four #1 seeds. There is no arguing their resume. As you've pointed out, it's just too good.

The SEC teams get the benefit of playing one another, so either team winning gets a "boost" by beating the other. That means IU's ceiling is likely the second overall seed. Ultimately, it doesn't change much, as IU would still get home court advantage through the majority of the Tournament.

There would be quite a bit of distance between IU and 3rd, imo, if SC handles LSU. Any cushion is nice... and it would also allow us to move up in the Coaches poll. 

Also... I would hope if we are 2nd or 3rd "1 seed" we can be on the opposite side of the bracket as SC. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

BIG Women Standings and remaining schedule of teams still mathematically in the hunt for the title (women play 18 game season);

IU      14-1              UM and Purdue at home and @ Iowa

Iowa  13-2             Wis. and IU at home and @ MD and Neb.

MD.   12-3              Iowa at home and @ OSU and MSU

UM    10-4             OSU and Rutgers at home and @ IU and Wisky

34 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Saw that yesterday but was on the mobile platform so I didn't attempt the embed.

Ya think so, Sydney?  Time the best basketball players male and female stay home.  No reason to go out of state to play top notch basketball.  Saw that Amiyah Reynolds was going to Maryland...👎

• Like 1